Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Registered Nursing Officer – COVID 19 SURGE ACTIVITIES
Date of issue: 23rd June 2021
Deadline for application: 30th June 2021
Job Title: Registered Nursing Officer – COVID 19 SURGE ACTIVITIES
Duty Station: HOMA BAY COUNTY REFERRAL HOSPITAL
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Length of contract: Short term contract only due to COVID Surge
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France in Homa Bay is looking to fill the position of a Registered Nursing Officer-COVID 19 Activities. The successful candidate will report to the Nurse Supervisor and Nurse Activity Manager.
Objective of the Position:
Promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform quick triaging of patient’s and visitors presenting in the triage area and assuming responsibility for ensuring focused attention to patient’s conditions, history of traveling, contact with someone with signs and symptoms of Covid 19.
- Inform the team in case there is a suspected case and provide emergency nursing care if needed.
- Clinical management of patients suspected of Covid 19 in Homa Bay County Referral Hospital and other facilities.
- Offer high quality nursing care services to patient’s admitted in Covid 19 isolation room following approved protocols and procedures:
- Accurate and timely monitoring of vital signs, documentation using tools already in place and prompt reporting of abnormal vitals, appropriate nursing interventions for patient care. · Following all Covid 19 MOH/MSF SOPs
- Completing concise reports/data collection as required including the compiling of adequate patient reports.
- Offer quality nursing care to Covid19 patients during referrals to treatment facilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of a diploma in Nursing from an accredited nursing school
- Valid practicing license from the nursing council of Kenya
- Must have 1 year and above working experience in clinical nursing and management experience
- Preferred experience with COVID Management
- Fluent in English and Swahili,
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to work in strenuous condition with minimal supervision
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 30th June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention on the subject line “Registered Nursing Officer-COVID 19 Activities”. Or send your application to MSF France, Homa Bay P. O. Box 881 – 00403.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: THIS IS A SHORTTERM CONTRACT ONLY FOR COVID SURGE, CANDIDATES WITHIN THE NYANZA AND WESTERN REGION WITH IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.