Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is a regional African-led non-governmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living. With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia, and Ethiopia. AAH-I has over 30 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Purpose of the role:
The HR & Admin Assistant will support in day to day administration and HR tasks. He/she will report to the Regional Finance and Administration Coordinator, and work in coordination with other HR focal point persons in the country offices as required. S/he will ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other project staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
Recruitment and orientation
- Prepare interview packs
- Prepare orientation packs and organize for orientation meetings
- Coordinate with insurance company for staff enrolment (GPA/Medical)
a) Ensure all staff files are complete in accordance with Audit requirements
b) Ensure all statutory documents/policies are signed and in staff files.
c) Maintain staff files (both hard and soft copy).
d) Update staff lists on a monthly basis as required.
e) Maintain staff leave records
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails and calls to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other project staff
- Make travel/flight bookings, meeting and other arrangements for various project staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment. i.e. Printers Procurement
- Assist the Regional Finance and Administration Manager with sourcing for quotes as requested
- Assist the Regional Finance and Administration Manager coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and service
- Collecting quotes, bids and proposal and forwarding them to the administration officer for evaluation
- Maintaining a proper filling system according to established records management procedures.
- Receiving the approved requisitions and checking if it’s of the right specifications as directed by the user requirements.
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup.
- Assist with proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including invoices and delivery note awaiting payment.
- Administer office petty cash according to established procedures.
- Preparations of various information/ reports as may be requested.
a) Consolidate HR reports from national offices
b) Prepare monthly payroll changes
Hotel and flight bookings
- Responsible for making hotel bookings for guests and meetings as required
- Coordinate the booking of tickets for staff travelling
- Working with taxi company to organize for airport transfers etc. Occupational Health and Safety.
- Carry out health and safety inspections at the work place;
- Serve on the appropriate health and safety committee;
- Bring to the attention of management any deviations of health and safety issues that come to your attention;
- Conduct induction for new employees on health and safety at work place;
- Assist with the investigation of incidents at workplace.
Essential Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree or Higher Diploma in HR/Business Management or related is required.
- Procurement qualification an added advantage.
- Two years’ office administration/ secretarial experience including a busy reception desk is required.
- Highly organized and attention to details.
- Knowledge of basic MS Office (email, spread-sheets, word, job-related software, etc.) is required.
- Team-work and participation.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- High level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative.
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Managing Processes and Professionalism.
- Basic accounting or book keeping skills is preferred.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and value
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of
people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by 30th June, 2021. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. This interviews will be done on a rolling basis and will end once we have the right candidate for the position. NB: AAH-I does not charge nor has it contracted any agency to conduct this recruitment on its behalf