Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, LafargeHolcim is reinventing the way the world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments, we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world. As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture. Bamburi Cement Ltd is a member of LafargeHolcim, the world’s global leader in building solutions. Bamburi Cement is the leading cement manufacturing and marketing company in the Eastern Africa region. It has three subsidiaries Hima Cement Ltd (Uganda), Bamburi Special Products Ltd and Lafarge
Eco Systems Ltd. The company is driven by the needs of its customers, shareholders, local communities and architects in creating high value-added solutions which encourage creativity whilst leaving a lighter trace on the world Bamburi Cement Ltd is looking to employ a Quality Analyst to join our Nairobi Grinding Plant. The role
reports to the Quality Manager. The opportunity at a glance
The position reports directly to the Quality Manager and is responsible for carrying out safe, accurate and timely analysis and provides a report of the same for prompt preventive and corrective actions on the production process and product quality. It is also responsible for carrying out used to calculate the plants laboratory accuracy index and has a functional relationship with production, maintenance and packing plant.
1. Health and Safety:
a) Perform work in compliance with the LH group policies, standards and procedures
b) Adhere to the company’s internal policies, procedures, safe work instructions and risk assessments
c) Report any safety incidents, near misses, unsafe acts and or conditions to the supervisor
d) Leads discussions in SER, risk assessments and other safety discussions during toolbox talks
e) Attend all scheduled health and safety trainings as per the training matrix and plan
2. Carries out accurate and timely acceptance tests on raw materials and compiles reports for supplier compliance rating.
3. Carries out accurate and timely analysis on inprocess raw materials, inprocess cement and final product according to specified standards and norms and ensures compliance to specifications.
4. Analyses industrial and laboratory trials for product development and mill shop samples for process optimization.
5. Maintains and monitors laboratory climatic conditions as per the standard and takes preventive and corrective actions when appropriate.
6. Ensures accuracy of laboratory testing equipment by carrying out scheduled basic calibrations, requisite inspections and first line maintenance and reports any deviations.
7. Participates in installation and commissioning of new equipment in the laboratory.
8. Maintains strong focus on the quality KPI’s, monitoring and taking timely actions, to ensure targets are achieved.
9. Updates records of analysis in the respective databases, detects and reports non-compliance to standards.
10. Carries out non-routine analysis of samples such as those arising from customer complaints for complaint follow up, competitor sample analysis for market bench marking and industrial or laboratory trials for process improvement and product development. Your impact
You will contribute to ensuring the achievement of overall company performance through:
- Zero health and safety incidents in the laboratory.
- Compliance to safety rules and regulations
- Conformance to local, regulatory and LafargeHolcim quality and product standards
- Daily Updates of laboratory data as well as the Laboratory accuracy index
This job may be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Analytical Chemistry or Higher Diploma in Chemical and Process Engineering from a recognized institution
- Good understanding and knowledge of standard Physical and chemical properties of cement.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in physical laboratory analysis of cement.
- Laboratory equipment instrumentation.
- In depth knowledge of Laboratory safety
- Good understanding of laboratory equipment calibration methods.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Computer literacy
While you help us deliver world-class construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional
development. Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us? If you are interested in joining our team, please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of your capabilities by 30th June 2021 to the address below