Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) is a chartered private international university which enjoys a heritage of 37 solid years of offering quality education grounded on values. Our vision is to be a world-class university producing transformative leaders for Church and society. Our mission is to promote excellence in research, teaching and community service by preparing morally upright leaders based on the intellectual tradition of the Catholic Church. CUEA has seven Faculties: Theology, Education, Law, Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Science and Nursing; a Centre for Social Justice and Ethics plus two institutes: Canon Law and Regional Integration & Development. We wish to recruit a dynamic, qualifed and result-oriented person for the following position:
THE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA (CUEA)
“Consecrate them in the Truth” Organizational Relationship:Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and Research and Senior Faculty Members in actively leading, managing, documenting and reporting strategy documents.
• Coordinate strategic performance measure, data collection, capture, analysis, reporting, and action planning.
• Provide analytical capability to support deeper analysis of academic performance and organizational capability to support decisions about academic strategy adjustment and execution.
• Prepare, maintain, and present the academic division Strategic Performance Report and other strategy documents to internal audiences.
• Facilitate Academic process analysis, improvement and automation in support of achieving CUEA’s academic strategic goals.
• Work closely and provide proactive administrative support to the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and Research and senior faculty, ensuring the consistent application of all policies and procedures.
• Plan and manage own workflow, anticipating obstacles, and juggling priorities.
• Comply with data protection legislation; manage office files and filing (both electronic
and hard copy), archiving or disposal of documents when appropriate.
• Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Conserves the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and Research’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Represents the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and Research by attending meetings in his absence.
• Maintains the Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs and Research’s appointment schedule by organizing and coordinating academic meetings, and Conferences.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competences:
• 5+ years of experience in analytics, Management, Governance, or management consulting firms or 3+ years of University management experience in academia and strategy related roles.
• A master’s degree in Economics, Managerial Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or related fields.
• Professional experience and acumen in project management, or designing operating models is an added advantage
• Adept in creating synergy, building high level professional relationships, networking, consulting, communicating and forming strategic alliances with Senior faculty towards academic strategy implementation
• High level of skill in qualitative and quantitative analysis, and process design and analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency communication both oral and written.
• Ability to manage performance measurement systems within a large organization.
• High level of skill in customer service in a consulting-style relationship.
• Ability to teach or coach others to implement performance measurement and conduct performance conversations.
• Must be a person of integrity with high moral standards.
• Should be proficient in MS office applications.
Organizational Relationship:Deputy Vice Chancellor – Academics Affairs
Method of application
CUEA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, disability and gender equality. CUEA does not charge for any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Filled Application Form (available on our website: http://www.cuea.edu/Jobs@Cuea) copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, and three reference letters one from the local parish to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 9th July 2021.
http://www.cuea.edu NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.