Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) is a chartered private international university which enjoys a heritage of 37 solid years of offering quality education grounded on values. Our vision is to be a world-class university producing transformative leaders for Church and society. Our mission is to promote excellence in research, teaching and community service by preparing morally upright leaders based on the intellectual tradition of the Catholic Church. CUEA has seven Faculties: Theology, Education, Law, Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Science and Nursing; a Centre for Social Justice and Ethics plus two institutes: Canon Law and Regional Integration & Development.
We wish to recruit a dynamic, qualified and result-oriented person for the following position:
THE CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF EASTERN AFRICA (CUEA)
“Consecrate them in the Truth”
Organizational Relationship: Reports to the Head of ICT.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for setting up, configuration and fine-tuning of various ICT systems at the university.
• Ensure that all the systems regularly patched, backed up (onsite and offsite) and tested for recovery
• Ensure the availability of computer resources by managing disaster prevention and recovery efforts.
• Manage disaster recovery plans to ensure the security of all ICT systems
• Co-ordinate testing and implementation of system upgrades, and new installations
• Systems capacity and licensing analysis, planning and growth to meet current and future demands
• Monitor systems performance and generate weekly logs for the various systems
• Detection of systems security breaches and prevention of their recurrence
• Effectively participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to information systems
• Maintain inventory of all the hardware and software resources
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Competences:
• A degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field.
• At least four (4) years’ of experience as a Systems Administrator in a busy institution;
• High Level and practically demonstrable knowledge in Unix/Linux operating systems skills
• High Level and practically demonstrable knowledge in Windows operating systems skills
• Experience with cloud-based solutions and virtualization tools such as Vmware VSphere, Proxmox VE or XenServer
• Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios and Cacti
• Experience with setting up and administration of firewall solutions such as Pfsense
• Experience with setting up and administration of OpenVPN
• Good understanding and experience with Library Management Systems such as VSMART or KOHA
• Good understanding and experience with Learning Management systems such as Moodle LMS
• Good understanding and experience in managing audio/video conferencing solutions
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• High sense of integrity and organizational ability
• Be of high Christian morals, values and maturity
Method of application
CUEA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, disability and gender equality. CUEA does not charge for any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Filled Application Form (available on our website: http://www.cuea.edu/Jobs@Cuea) copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, and three reference letters one from the local parish to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 9th July 2021.
http://www.cuea.edu NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.