Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Programme Officer , CBM.
CBM Global Disability Inclusion is setting up a new office in Nairobi, Kenya, and we are pleased to offer this opportunity for a self-starting, autonomous and entrepreneurial Programme Officer to help implement programme components of the CBM Country Office.
The Programme Officer is accountable for implementing programme components of CBM Country Office in line with the CBM Global Programme Strategy, and in close collaboration and coordination with relevant Thematic teams and Member Associations and partners. As a member of the Programme team, success requires close collaboration with Country Office staff, partners, in-country stakeholders, Thematic Teams and Member Associations to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of projects, across all three vehicles of change detailed in the organisation’s programmatic strategy. S/he will support partners towards high standards, in line with our Programme Quality Framework and the development and maintenance of effective and authentic partnerships in line with our Approach to Partnership. S/he will promote strong capacity in project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning within CBM projects and partners.
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at Project Officer level.
- Experience and a track record in supporting inclusive development and/or humanitarian projects in collaboration with partners, including consortium projects.
- Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders.
- Experience in working with county and national government as well as other organizations and donors.
- Experience in delivering high quality compliance and process management.
- Skilled in sustaining collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders, internal and external.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, highly autonomous, and entrepreneurial
- Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills and decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Passionate about effecting change at national level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
- English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage.
Relevant university degree in social sciences, project management, international development or related field, or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
More information about CBM Global Disability Inclusion can be found by visiting the new CBM Global website:
Closing date: Friday 2nd July 2021.
1.You must have the right to work in Kenya. We are only able to accept candidates who meet this criterion.
2.Please download and complete the Application Form. There is space on the form to include a cover letter. Please make sure that you provide specific examples where you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification, either here or on your CV.
3.Send along with your Curriculum Vitae (no more than two pages) to email@example.com by the closing date.
4.Informal enquiries are also welcome to the above email address.
5.In the subject header of your email, it would be helpful if you could add the role title for which you are applying.