Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management and oversight of ICLA services for beneficiaries.
- Ensure proper budget monitoring and efficient utilization of funds.
- Support ICLA project assistants carrying out counselling services and build their capacity to undertake quality counselling. Ensure cases are processed in a timely manner according to case management and client handling procedures. Ensure case management and monitoring tools are maintained.
- Support and manage the referrals process for beneficiaries in need of legal services to legal aid partners/consultants and to Somalia ICLA teams for cases that require legal assistance on return.
- Oversee the quality of legal services being provided in Kakuma
- Conduct awareness training and training activities for communities, government officials and NGOs on ICLA thematic areas, support coordination with all relevant stakeholders in Kakuma and partner organisations through developing working relationships and attending coordination opportunities.
- Plan, organize and conduct activities within the ICLA thematic areas using ICLA guidelines
- Prepare quality activity and donor reports within NRC standards and donors’ reporting requirements
- Conduct legal research as required. Regularly collate information on government and NGO policies pertaining to refugees and monitor the general context through regular field access to identify issues affecting refugees which relate to ICLA themes.
- Assist in strategic review; monitoring and evaluation activities and identification of other relevant ICLA activities.
- Support the mapping and training of representative groups
- Support in the identification, development, verification, and dissemination of information via digital means
- Support in contact verification exercises and management of beneficiary contact databases Contribute to development of donor proposals for funding
- Contribute to the development of NRC’s Country strategy, action plan and activities plan and priorities in the ICLA sector.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good understanding of protection mainstreaming- is the process of incorporating protection principles- safety and dignity, meaningful access, empowerment and participation and lastly accountability.
- Demonstrated experience on advocacy work for refugee issues in Kenya
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities Basic understanding of engaging with communities
- Good understanding of developing of content or information pieces
- Good understanding of web based applications
- Knowledge of English (Written & Spoken). Knowledge of Somali an asset
- Excellent report writing skills
Context Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years humanitarian experience with refugees/internally displaced persons (IDPs) at field level with an NGO or other international organization.
- Good understanding of the refugee context in Kenya
- Knowledge of international refugee law and national law applicable to refugees
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and durable solutions –sphere standards-steps take to alleviate all those affected by calamity or conflict, and all affected have right to life hence assistance. Principle- rights to life and dignity, right to protection and security, and right to receive humanitarian assistance.
- Knowledge of community outreach, counselling and legal aid service provision
- Experience in PCM, M&E reporting: Initiation- problem identification, establishment of the case and feasibility study. Definition of objective and scope, purpose and delivery. 2. Planning- identification of stakeholders, creation of sets of plans, setting communication plans, activities and resource allocations, log frame review and budget preparation. 3. Implementation/Execution- Delivering the results, managing the resources and monitoring and reporting 4. Closure- release of deliverable, handing over of the documents, release resources and conduct lesson learnt. Communicate closure of the project
- Technical experience in delivery of training, client management including information, counselling and legal assistance and case management
07/07/2021, 11:08 PM
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.