Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
GAME DEVELOPMENT FACULTY
ADMI in collaboration with French based RUBIKA School, with a vision to strengthen the animation and game industry in Africa is setting up a world-class facility in Nairobi that will offer a Bachelors program in Game Design & Development and a short term certificate in 2D Animation.
Based on the core philosophy shared by ADMI and RUBIKA, the project will take an ecosystem approach, supporting promising animators along every step of the production supply chain: training, apprenticeship, incubation, investment and distribution. Based on France’s recognized expertise in the animation sector, the collaboration will aim at supporting production of local content from Kenya and East Africa towards the global animation and gaming industry.
To support our fast-growing Group, we are undertaking search for the following position:
GAME DEVELOPMENT FACULTY
We are looking for a specialized Game developer faculty to turn a game idea into code on a fast-moving environment. You will be involved in various aspects of the game’s creation from concept to finished product including coding, programming, audio, design, production, and visual arts.
As a member of ADMI’s full time faculty, you have a rare opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Africa’s future leaders by providing valuable mentoring for tomorrow’s leading digital professionals and creative entrepreneurs.
Scope of Work
- Teach a course load appropriate to their field or discipline.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the internet, telecourses, interactive technology, when appropriate.
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments.
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with ADMI policies and Procedures.
- Record and provide attendance data in accordance with ADMI Policies and Procedures.
- Degree in Game Development, Application Programming, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Graphics, or a related course. With specialized training in 2D and 3D modeling, animation, game design theory, game engines, and game production.
- If you have an unrelated degree but are proficient in relevant programming languages and familiar with the gaming industry, you could also be eligible for entry-level positions.
- Proven working experience in full lifecycle game development
- Hands-on experience primarily with Game design software (Unity, Unreal Engine, GameMaker Studio), Code editors (Sublime Text, Atom, Visual Studio), Automated testing tools (Selenium, Junit)
- High-level knowledge of APIs and libraries
- Expert in one or more programming specialties (artificial intelligence, 3D Rendering, 3D animation, physics, multiplayer/networking, or audio)
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies
- Prior Lecturing/ Teaching experience is a plus.
- Strong English, facilitation and coaching skills
- Role model who promotes ADMI values
- Strong candidates usually also possess these skills:
- 2D and 3D design – while game designers sometimes help create designs for them, game developers still often work with 2D and 3D design tools to create game assets and implement existing assets into the game
- Analytical thinking – game developers analyze the requirements their employers give them to determine how to implement designs and write code for a functional game
- Problem-solving skills – they need to think critically to solve problems when debugging problematic game code, optimizing game performance, and turning their design ideas into code
- Organization skills – collaborating with game designers and other developers to complete projects successfully and on time requires an organized person
At ADMI, you too can turn your passion into a profession! To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com