Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Project Officer (Francophone) for a new Governance Project that will produce, analyze, and disseminate high quality research on transparency, accountability, governance and human development issues. The Project Officer, based in Nairobi-Kenya, will work hand-in-hand with the Project Manager to coordinate the research (i.e. data collection, analysis and report-writing) in Francophone African countries.
The Project Officer will work hand-in-hand with the Project Manager to implement a governance research project that will collect and disseminate evidence on key governance and accountability indicators in Francophone African countries annually. The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Recruit and virtually manage teams of in-country contributors and respondents in Francophone African countries.
- Perform detailed, high-intensity quality control over the resultant data points (in the thousands), including fact checking and editing.
- Provide capacity building, training, and detailed feedback and guidance to researchers and contributors.
- Compile and analyze multiple country data, and provide final country scorecards for publishing and dissemination (focusing on Francophone African countries).
- Oversee the research dissemination and engagement with key stakeholders in Francophone African countries.
- Coordinate logistical tasks associated with the implementation of the research project in Francophone African countries (including contracts management, payments management, and deadline management).
- Manage relationships with project contacts and partners in Francophone African countries.
Qualifications and Requirements
Successful candidate will have, as a minimum, a Masters’ degree in political science, public policy, development studies, international relations or other development-oriented field with at least three years practical experience in governance research and programming, and project management, and will be fully bilingual (with proficiency in French and English). The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Demonstrated command of transparency, accountability, governance and development issues in Africa at the regional, national, subnational, and/or sector levels is required.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English is an essential requirement.
- Resourcefulness performing online research and disposition to provide guidance to others.
- Experience in project management, including tracking contracts, payments, deadlines, workflow design, and virtual management of large teams of researchers.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, preferably with experience in both short and long form (from blog posts to position papers).
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to perform on tight deadlines, and proven ability to communicate clear and concise instructions.
- Proven ability to set priorities, manage time effectively, handle multiple ongoing tasks.
- An ardent planner, with a strong sense of urgency and commitment to quality and timelines.
- Hands-on data management and analysis skills using Excel and other digital tools, and will also have a wealth of experience in project management, including managing large multi-country projects.
- A commitment to AFIDEP’s vision and mission.
How to Apply
- Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position and a detailed CV, which should include three relevant referees to email@example.com not later than 7th July 2021.
- Applications should include the title of the position as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.