Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Legal and Policy internship is an exciting opportunity for law students and lawyers. We are looking for an individual passionate about human rights, environmental, land and territorial rights, and access to justice. The intern will sharpen their advocacy, research and analytical skills whilst providing the necessary legal and /or policy research and analysis support to the organization and indigenous communities within the Turkana Basin.
We are specifically looking for an individual who can undertake the following;
- Conduct legal and policy research and analysis of bills moving through County and National Assembly, and the Senate
- Gather and analyze information about priority policy issues.
- Assist in research and analysis of public interest cases within the Turkana basin
- Contribute and produce legal opinions, policy briefs, articles, updates related to FOLT’s thematic areas with a view to aid advocacy and influence policy.
- Contribute to campaigns and advocacy that are built around solid policy analysis.
- Participate in FoLT’s coalition activities with other partners.
- Help to plan legislative engagements.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to inform potential litigation in support of FoLT’s public interest work.
- Provide other support to the team’s policy advocacy efforts.
The internship will be for 8 months.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili (Ng’aturkana will be an added advantage)
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to critically analyze relevant policy and legal documents
- Strong legal research and writing skills;
- Reliability and attention to details
- Passion for environmental and social justice
- Ready and willing to learn and unlearn
- Well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team setting and to work independently to deliver projects on time
- Adaptable and versatile; able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
How to apply
Eligible candidates should send their applications to email@example.com with “Legal and Policy Internship” as the subject line.
Applications should include;
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in the internship;
- LLB certificate and other relevant documents; and
- Curriculum vitae
All applications to be sent on or before 14th July 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.