Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) is established under Article 171 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010. The Mandate of the Commission is to promote and facilitate independence and accountability of the Judiciary in efficient, effective and transparent Administration of Justice. The Commission invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the following vacancy.
POSITION : DIRECTOR, FINANCE (JSG 1)
Job Reference Number : V/No. 12/2021
Number of Posts : One (1)
Terms of Service : Three (3) year contract-renewable
subject to satisfactory performance
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 504,200 – 618,100 p.m.
The Job holder is the head of the Finance and Accounting function of the Judiciary and is responsible for: overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of Financial and Accounting policies, procedures, plans, strategies, standards and guidelines for efficient and effective management of public funds.
The job holder will be responsible to the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary.
Area of Deployment:
Directorate of Finance
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the development, implementation and evaluation of financial and accounting policies, procedures, plans, strategies, standards and guidelines for efficient and effective management of public funds;
- Advising the Chief Registrar on complimentary funding from development partners including development and execution of budgets;
- Developing the Judiciary’s resource mobilization strategy and managing relationships with development partners
- Reviewing and implementing financial and accounting policies, rules and regulations that will ensure prudent financial management;
- Facilitating preparation of management reports, annual financial statements and submission to relevant institutions;
- Coordinating preparation of Financial Annual estimates
- Monitoring cash flow, accounts, and other Judiciary financial transactions by preparing requisite reports and submit as required;
- Establishing and implementing financial systems that will ensure effective management of Judiciary’s financial resources;
- Overseeing timely compliance with financial and fiduciary obligations of the Judiciary namely Statutory Financial Reports, circulars, quarterly statutory reports, tax compliance and proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures;
- Developing and maintaining robust financial controls to ensure prudent financial management
- Ensuring that sound accounting principles and controls are applied to all financial transaction in the Judiciary;
- Ensuring audit recommendations are implemented and status report is prepared and submitted as required;
- Ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual analytical revenue and expenditure reports are prepared and submitted as required;
- Overseeing maintenance of accurate and reliable fixed asset register of the Judiciary;
- Ensuring that the Judiciary Fund is well managed as per the Judiciary Fund Act and Regulations
- Liaising with the National Treasury on Judiciary Funding and reporting as required;
- Undertaking, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the directorate annual budgetary allocations; and
- Ensuring Performance Management, Supervision, mentoring, guidance and counseling of Finance and Accounting personnel
Job Requirements: Academic and Professional Qualifications:
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA K) or Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered member of good standing of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
A Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant working experience with at least five (5) years at the Senior Management Level
Job Core Competencies:
- Strategic Leadership & Good Interpersonal Skills;
- Excellent Communication skills – Verbal and Written;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Rational Decision Making Skills;
- Time Management and the ability to prioritize work; and
- Research and Data Management Skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: http://www.jsc.go.ke/careers. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- A letter of application;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae,
- Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts.
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photograph.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- a recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Income and Liabilities Declaration Form
- JSC 2 FORM (Non-public office holders)
- JSC 2A FORM (Public Officers)
Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from http://www.jsc.go.ke (Downloads) and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (1 a to d) above. Job Reference number and title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180.
Commission Secretariat: Podium Floor, Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road, Nairobi CBD,
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 19TH JULY, 2021 AT 5.00PM.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.