Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Company Secretary & Director Legal, Risk and Compliance, the ideal candidate will be required to provide functional oversight, establish and maintain a robust and effective enterprise-wide Risk Management and Compliance framework that will provide assurance to the Company through the Audit & Risk Board Committee around compliance with all relevant regulations and industry legislation. He/she will also be required to conduct thorough risk assessments, taking into cognizant of identified risks and develop strategies and plans to mitigate them through collaboration with various business leads as well as adopting the highest standards of compliance and governance, in line with best practice, laws, regulatory and internal policy standards.
Establish Enterprise Risk Framework
- Develop and implement a comprehensive enterprise risk program or framework by identifying, assessing, monitoring, and reporting all material compliance risks, in coordination with all functions across the company.
- Monitor, track and report on closure of corrective actions committed to by Management (all functions) in relation to exceptions identified by regulators and auditors including risk categories, rating, tolerance & measurement.
- Prioritize plans and interventions to identify, manage, eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Establish, communicate and facilitate the use of appropriate ERM methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Monitor & assess compliance with laws, regulatory guidelines, rules, codes of conduct and related self-regulatory organization policies and standards (compliance risks).
- Provide leadership on the compliance risk assessment processes in coordination with all functions across the company and ensuring that the compliance risks are appropriately identified and assessed.
- Proactively identify and profile all compliance and business risk exposures from emerging changes in laws and business operations and trends (including competitors’ activities and economic and political change) and support stakeholders in actions towards mitigating the risks.
- Coordinate risk management structures to enable the CEO & MD and Management (all functions across the Company) to develop specific measures in line with the company’s risk appetite.
- Provide advisory guidance on how to integrate risk management within the enterprise strategy development process.
- Advise on the compliance risks facing the company and reporting to Senior Management on the effectiveness of the internal processes for determining, managing and monitoring compliance.
- Review and recommend actions towards compliance with audit and regulatory inspection findings on risk exposures while monitoring/tracking and coordinating adherence to corrective action plans agreed to by the Management.
- Implement appropriate risk reporting to the CEO & MD, Executive Committee, Board and Senior Management.
- Prepare and provide standard and ad-hoc information and data reports on compliance and regulatory issues to regulators and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide compliance and risk reports on completion of reviews to the relevant functional Heads and Management for remedial action.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to fill all disclosed gaps.
Policy and Procedure Development
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the compliance manual and all compliance procedure documentation in coordination with all functions across the company.
- Challenge the Company Management and recommend amendments to the internal policies, procedures and processes, where applicable, based on the identified and assessed gaps associated with the company’s business activities.
- Where relevant participate in the development and implementation of other policies and procedures, ensuring regulatory and legislative requirements are met.
- Liaison with regulators on best practice and innovations in Risk Management and ensuring these are embedded within the company.
- Ensure effective alignment between the ERM process and internal audit.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with various internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, to ensure ease of communication, information sourcing, achievement of timely responses to queries and ensuring that the company’s views are appropriately represented.
- Arrange, recommend and promote compliance training across the company to address key compliance issues and raising awareness of compliance risk issues.
- Build and oversee the development and maintenance of a compliance and risk management staff training program, to ensure knowledge gaps are eliminated and critical compliance knowledge requirements are disseminated to staff on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience out of which at least 5 years should be in Internal Audit/Risk Management in relevant industry.
- Master’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Business or related field and/or CPA (K) /ACCA/CISA or any other Professional qualification in Audit/Risk management will be added advantage.
- Knowledge of internal controls and risk assessment methodologies, policies and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant aviation and other key National and International compliance standards, legislations and regulations.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with the ability to influence positively and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Strategic, creative, and analytical thinker with ability to drive change management.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills as well as excellent report writing skills.
- Good knowledge/experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation as well as budgeting and planning.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Customer oriented.
- Good organizational skills.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae quoting the position in the subject of your email to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Legal Services