Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
1. JOB TITLE SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – INFORMATION SYSTEMS – KCAA SCALE 7 – REF: IAD/05/21 – (1 POST)
Department/Section: Internal Audit and Review Reports To: Manager Internal Audit & Review
Job Purpose To provide assurance and advisory services in line with International Auditing Standards for enhanced service delivery and realization of KCAA Strategic Goals.
Scope of work/duties/responsibilities
- Participation in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of Internal Audit Strategic Plan and Annual Plans.
- Participating in the execution of multiple audit projects to achieve the scope, timing, and objectives of each assignment while ensuring applicable regulatory guidance is included in scope for assigned audits.
- Developing, documents and updating audit procedures for audited departments in compliance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Providing assurance to ensure that access to electronically stored and processed Authority information is adequately protected and managed.
- Testing adequacy and effectiveness of Information Systems control measures and recommend corrective action to be undertaken in areas of weakness.
- Developing and improving procedures to enable the Internal Audit function to optimize use of Computer Assisted Audit tools such as Team Mate+, ACL, IDEA etc.
- Liaising with audit clients to ensure prompt implementation of corrective actions on prior audit findings.
- Providing advisory services to Management for enhanced service delivery and controls on various KCAA processes.
- Identifying, areas of risks, fraud or malpractice and participating in special audits conducted by the Department.
- Training and coaching staff to develop skills, knowledge, and expertise necessary for effective execution of the department’s services.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Manager Internal Audit and
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Possession of an MSc or other relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification in IT Audit, Risk and Security e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISA, CRISC.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience in Information System Audits or Information System Operations with at least three years as an Information Systems Auditor in a comparable organization.
Knowledge and skills
- International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in use of Audit Analytic tools
- Demonstrable knowledge in risk assessment and controls reviews, concepts or methodologies.
- Audit Reporting skills.
- Excellent written /verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
Method of application
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021.
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.