Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa. This position is based in Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
The overall objective of this role is to plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) function in Lipa Later across its different markets, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The ideal candidate for this role should possess extensive experience in creating and curating people focused processes and procedures, high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. The exceptional VP of People should be able to handle a diverse group of people and cultures across different regions on the African continent. Other important functions under this role include the overall improvement of HR processes, implementation of group strategies that support business growth, improvement of culture, morale and employee recruitment and retention, enhance safety and wellness within the Organization, strengthening relations between staff and employers, management of job satisfaction, and promotion of the organization’s values.
This role reports to: Chief Risk and Operations Officer
VP of People Responsibilities:
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations and reports.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Build out the Human Resource Department with the Team and Tools for maximum output.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with local and new regions employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate policy, practice, and resources changes to upper management.
- Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees across the regions.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Key leadership and strategic vision.
- Proven track record in various Organizations in improving Human Resource related functions.
- Ability to manage functions across different markets from a Human Resource and People perspective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of HR-related Softwares.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least eight (8) years of human resource management experience in a leadership role.
- CHRP or IHRM highly preferred.
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the Job Title “VP of People” and attach a detailed CV with the correct e-mail address and telephone contacts. All written applications and CVs should be submitted via the email below: email@example.com