Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
Reporting to the Executive Head of School, the primary role of the Director of Studies is to provide leadership and management on all matters related to teaching and learning within the Academy. The Director will be required to lead, manage and direct all academic programmes and faculty staff in alignment with the IB Philosophy and with the goal of realising the Academy’s vision of “developing transformational leaders through innovative approaches to education”. The Director must play a pivotal role in developing the Academy into an exceptionally high performing IB World School.
• To work as a collaborative and supportive member of the Academy Executive Committee in its planning, implementation, monitoring and review of strategic and operational plans.
• Coordinate and drive all processes related to, not only meeting, but exceeding the requirements and expectations of the International Baccalaureate Organisation of being an IB World School.
• Oversee the management and delivery of a dynamic, modern, seamless curriculum that leverages the best use of technology to enhance teaching and learning.
• To take ownership of the development of innovative programs that nurture leadership and entrepreneurial skills that will ensure learners develop the mindset, skills and attitudes that spur positive change.
• Stay abreast of the contexts driving relevant national and international education policies and compliance requirements and ensure that the latter are met.
• Drive the application for, and sustainability of, international educational affiliations and develop the Academy’s international recognition as an institution of excellence.
• Promote research into and implementation of pedagogical best practice within, but not limited to the IB Curricula, in order to ensure student improvement and achievement across all learning areas.
• Oversee the design and implementation of professional and continuous learning opportunities for faculty staff to enable them gain the necessary skills and abilities needed to produce Thinkers. Doers and Leaders who genuinely exhibit the IB Learner Profile attributes.
• Oversee the management of all faculty staff and evaluate, monitor and drive the faculty staff appraisal system and take responsibility for faculty staff performance management.
• Plan, implement, monitor and take full responsibility for budgets in all areas of teaching and learning.
• Work closely with the human resource department in the recruitment of teachers and other key personnel in faculty.
• Oversee and drive student achievement intervention plans.
• Play a leading role, in collaboration with the Head of Student Life, in the development and monitoring of the embedding of the desired school-wide culture in alignment with the school values, vision and mission.
• Masters degree in Education or its equivalent.
• At least 10 years leadership and teaching experience in an IB World School.
• Experience with co-curricular youth entrepreneurship and/or leadership programs.
• Proven experience in establishing standards of teaching and learning.
• Ability to develop a curriculum that is innovative and supported by reflective, creative and responsive teaching and effective learning environments.
• Experience in the use of emerging technologies to enhance and extend teaching and learning experiences.
• Experience in modelling the highest standards of professional practice and interaction with students.
• Ability to foster a supportive environment for students and staff to realise their full potential.
Please send your applications to email@example.com not later than Friday 30th
July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.