Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
(Senior) Research Assistant – Data Standards & Analytics Pillar,
Samuel Hall is seeking a professional and motivated individual to join its team for a full-time position as a Data Standards and Analytics (Pillar 5) Research Assistant. The Research Assistant (RA) will work under the Data Standards and Analytics Pillar Lead, Research Managers and/or Project Lead through research activities, providing support on projects and to other staff as needed. Applicants must be recent graduates (Master’s level). Depending on their level of seniority (Junior RA, RA or Senior RA), the Research Assistant will manage between 2 and 4 projects simultaneously and be increasingly involved in research aspects. There is a potential for domestic, regional, and international travel; COVID-19 restrictions permitting. Our research connects the voices of communities to change-makers for more inclusive societies. Samuel Hall is a social enterprise that conducts research in contexts affected by issues of migration and displacement. Our mandate is to produce research that delivers a contribution to knowledge with an impact on policies, programmes, and people. We provide practicable insights to challenging issues in the global South by providing academic-standard research through primary data collection in areas where researchers do not commonly go. Samuel Hall works with governments, donors, multilateral organisations and NGOs, as well public and private sector entities. We have worked with more than sixty-five organisations worldwide since 2010 through our offices in Afghanistan, Kenya, Tunisia, and Germany covering Asia and Africa. For more information visit
WORK ENVIRONMENT: We are a rapidly growing research organisation: you will be expected to grow with us and carve out your own spot in the team. We look for proactive, creative individuals who can identify opportunities to make their mark and identify solutions to problems. We believe in hiring people who can show their ability to be both strong leaders and reliable team-players, and able to add value from the very start. We hire people who can expand our knowledge and help us reach our social impact objective in their field of expertise. We work in a fast-paced, demanding, and challenging environment.
Objective 1 – Research
● Assume responsibilities of the project cycle from A to Z.
● Secondary research: conduct secondary research including literature reviews, desk reviews.
● Methods: design analytical and conceptual frameworks, as well as appropriate research methodologies
● Tool design: contribute to research tool design both (and mainly) quantitative and qualitative.
● Data analysis: conduct advanced statistical analysis that goes beyond simple cross tabulations where appropriate, including regression analysis.
● Research outputs: write up results of data analysis, write field reports, and contribute to draft/final reports in line with
● Data visualization: design data visuals that go beyond simple excel bar charts, including geographical mapping and
Objective 2 – Fieldwork
● Supervise quantitative survey led by the rest of the team, conduct daily data monitoring.
● Problem solving in the field
● Provide input to improve the quality of the field team’s interview notes, transcripts, outputs.
Objective 3 – Organisational Support
● Train field teams and colleagues as required on components of the project cycle and research standards.
● Effectively communicate with supervisors (in country and remotely) on progress with daily and weekly updates
● Ensure all project related information is stored correctly.
● Support the Pillar lead in developing partnerships, dissemination, and outreach activities.
● Direct reporting and support to the research team
● Support to widen Samuel Hall’s network
Prior experience working and conducting research in contexts surrounding migration, displacement, and/or international
development are requirements for this role. The successful Research Assistant is further required to have:
● A completed Masters degree in Statistics / Data Science, International Development, Political Sciences, Economics or
Who we are.
Tasks to be performed.
any related discipline with 2+ years of additional experience preferred
● Excellent writing skills, conveying technical findings to a lay audience.
● Proven experience with quantitative research and advanced data analytics, preferably in R and/or Python
● Excellent command of Excel, experience with SPSS preferred.
● Experience with advanced data visualization, GIS, dashboard design preferred.
● Experience with mixed methods and linking qualitative and quantitative findings into a compelling narrative.
● Strong interest in socio-economic research and innovation for development (should be complementary).
● Experience working remotely as part of an international team.
● Keen attention to detail, proactive.
● Ability to cope well under pressure, work occasionally irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
Method of application
All applications should be sent in the following format, unless stated otherwise:
Cover letter describing how your skills and experience would match Samuel Hall’s vision and strategy (please attach cover letter in a separate PDF file labelled ‘CL – Full name of applicant’). All applications for current and on-going recruitment should be sent in the following format, unless stated otherwise:
CV in a separate PDF file labelled ‘CV – Full name of applicant’
Three relevant writing samples
The subject line should clearly express which position you are interested in and the country (especially for current vacancies)
We have tried to make the recruitment process as transparent as possible. For more information, please read here.
Samuel Hall is an equal opportunity employer. Applications that do not follow the required format will not be considered. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, you have not been shortlisted for the position.