Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 170+ people around the world.
As a business that is rapidly scaling, SunCulture has a significant requirement for both equity and debt capital, for accurate financial and cash flow forecasting, and for in-depth performance analytics to ensure we are hitting our profitability targets.
About the role
SunCulture is looking for a talented finance professional to oversee financial and cash flow forecasting, budgeting and performance measurement & analytics, and to support capital raising activities. The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will support the management in decision making, support capital raising efforts, and support investor relations. This role will require building a robust understanding of the entire business, establishing strong working relationships with all departments, and the ability to think and act independently. You will be working directly with the CFO.
This role will be based in Nairobi.
Timeline: Immediate start, can be flexible for the right candidate
Location: Based at SunCulture’s headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, with potential for domestic and international travel as needed
Compensation: Competitive, based on candidate’s level of experience
Budgeting, Forecasting, Analytics
Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, margin, expenses, CAPEX, inventory spend, and the Pay-As-You-Go credit portfolio
Adapt/develop high quality, forecast financial models, and analyze the model to improve company performance and support strategic initiative (including debt and equity capital raising)
Build company-wide budgets and conduct quarterly reviews in close collaboration with all senior managers across the organization
Gauge the company’s overall financial health (inclusive of the Pay-As-You-Go credit portfolio), primarily by using key unit economic analyses and credit ratios
Explore the Company’s Business Intelligence tool (Power BI) and the Business Planning tool to produce actionable reports and insights on the business financial model
Integrate impact measurement into our forecasting and reporting processes
Leadership and Decision Making
- Use data to determine which company’s products provide for the largest risk-adjusted margin contribution and advise management on how to improve performance, minimize risk and capitalize on new opportunities within the company and externally.
- Adapt/develop the company’s pricing model, assisting in the development of pricing strategies
- Use data to determine operational expenditures most critical to control in order to hit profitability targets and work with Heads of Department to monitor and control these
- Working with individual departments to set budgets and consolidate them into one overall company budget
- Prepare internal reports for executive leadership to support their decision-making, and assist the CFO in preparation of external reports for investors/board.
- Assist the CFO in managing and executing the company’s financing strategy, including interacting with potential and existing debt and equity providers
Does this sound like you?
- At Least 3 years experience in Investment Banking, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Consulting, Corporate Finance, Transaction service or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Excellent financial Excel modeling skills i.e. ability to build fully integrated 3 statement financial models and knowledge of Financial ERPs & other tools
- IT tools skills, database manipulations skills, ideally data visualization skills i.e. experience using PowerBI is an added advantage
- Strategic thinker, creative, and with an eye on innovation and a strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work across all departments and with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills collaborate well
- Ability to simplify complex data and concepts into widely digestible and understandable content
- Able to work under pressure, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-evolving organization, able to plan, be organized, and meet deadlines
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
Please apply online via this job portal by 20th July 2021. We respond to all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.