Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The purpose of the Regional Controller position is to support the country offices in implementation of Finance in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The regional Controller can also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on Finance.
- Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.
- Monitor overall financial reporting and financial control, as well as cash flows for NRC Country Offices (CO).
- Coordinate and consolidate the Country Office’s budgeting and reporting and produce required analysis and reports assigned by Head of Support Unit
- Provide control checks to the COs to ensure compliance to the finance handbook, pre-agreed through travel visits to the country offices.
- Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
- Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
- Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
- Provide regular Finance analysis and reports
- Control and approve all budgets and financial reports before submission to donors
- Review and approve fund requests from Oslo to the country office
- Review co funding requests and provide recommendations to Head of Finance for approval/rejection
- Review and control eBRS on monthly basis and prepare e-BRS compliance checklist
- Control country funding and spending to ensure countries do not spend on projects that they have not received donor approval or NRC Oslo advance approval
- Do financial analysis of the country funding status including Master Budget analysis (check cost coverage)
- Review updates to local financial handbook for the country office before approval by director of finance in Oslo.
- Plan and work closely with FMs to do the closure of ended projects at the country office and NRC Oslo HK client
- Review audit management letters before submission to the auditors and donor.
- Follow up of Donor & external audit recommendations related to Finance and update audit summary sheet.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Advisor/Expert or similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Fore more information, here is the Detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
Type of Contract: 24 months’ renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
07/14/2021, 3:00 AM
This role is open to both national and international candidates!