Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Logistics Engineer (Operations)’s role will be to optimize the value of the organic waste management for both Sanergy and its organic waste clients as the inbound Customer Success team seeks to scale the quantity of feedstock collected while achieving the target weighted average cost per ton and operating overheads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Fleet Engineer to ensure bins and trucks schedule are in sync to ensure OTIF service to our clients and the Production team
- Analyse daily sorting & consolidation outputs to identify lean wastes, develop and implement projects to improve processes in liaison with your manager
- Accurately track key feedstock metrics – (Volume per client, Waste sorting labor utilization & efficiency, utilities utilization, etc)
- Reconcile daily, weekly and monthly unit costs in a Plan v Actual format with respect to the budget
- Lead in the development, resolution, and implementation of site level short term corrective and preventive action
- Maintain and update a rolling 4 week plan for your unit staffing, consumables, tools & equipment, maintenance, and any other as required by your manager to achieve the outputs required for the period within the budget
- Develop SMART daily operation schedules, Leader Standardized Work sheets that will be executed by the unit Supervisors and Crew Leads
- Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within the budget allocated
- Hold regular performance review sessions with your reports using the performance management tools developed with your manager
- Implement professional development plans for your team developed with your manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 2 – 3 years relevant experience in logistics & operations is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience in using AutoCAD and other CAD design software to generate 2D and 3D engineering concept drawings
- Proficient in MS Excel and excellent data analysis skills
- Hands on, organizational and problem solving skills
- Integrity, humility
2nd August 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.