Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
British Army Training Unit, Kenya (BATUK). We deliver world leading infantry training in Kenya with the Kenyan Defence Forces (KDF) under the Defence Cooperation Agreement (DCA) with the Kenyan Government. Employing 500+ full time Kenyans & deliver over 60 projects to support the local community every year.
Performs a variety of skilled maintenance and plumbing repair tasks and responsibilities within a specific area, each with specific components and discrete tasks. Work requires the use of hand tools, power tools and light and heavy duty equipment. Works as a section member or may perform tasks independently after receiving direction. Receives daily assignments or work orders. Guidance is available for new or unusual situations. Employees are expected to be fully competent in all aspects of work and given general guidance, can complete work assignments to the required standard.
Only those who meet the below qualifications should apply for the post, also attach your CV, CORRECT NAMED certificates and testimonials. And this includes a VALID OR UPTO DATE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE.
1. Main duties:
a. Carryout routine maintenance, servicing and repair of all pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications ensuring they are operational at all times.
b. Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, and plastic solvent.
c. Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools. Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
d. Able to diagnose faults, order spares and completes plant equipment log books for all heating, water, and drainage equipment.
e. Have a good working knowledge of military repair procedures and relevant legal requirements.
f. Able to identify, make safe and isolate faulty or dangerous installations and equipments using appropriate procedures in compliance with MOD SRPs and organise the repair of the facility.
g. Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of the Petroleum Safety Rule Book as required by current SRPs.
h. Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of Confined Spaces JSP 375 Vol 3 Ch 6 and remain in date with breathing apparatus use and remain medically fit.
i. Comply with the Safe Systems of Work under MOD SRPs and act as Person in Charge for Petroleum.
j. Able to supervise and control labourers and junior tradesmen under his charge.
k. Complete and pass an annual First Aid and Fire training course.
l. Respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis; identifies and communicates needed repairs; directs repairs, may participate in making repairs, transporting materials and equipment and other duties as directed.
m. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
n. Department lead on Legionella Sampling Technician (STATUTORY).
o. Understand and adhere to Policies, functions and responsibilities, operations, and objectives of the organisation.
p. Comply with Pertinent UK, National and local laws, codes and regulations depending on work area. (STATUTORY)
(1) Methods and techniques of maintenance, inspection and emergency repair programs.
(2) Methods and techniques of installation and maintenance of all heating, water, and drainage systems.
(3) Motorised and hand tools and equipment used in assigned work area.
(4) Occupational hazards and standard safety practices and procedures.
(5) Heavy equipment operation techniques.
(6) Principles and practices of supervision and employee development.
(7) Troubleshoot problems and resolve non-routine maintenance and repair issues.
(8) Interpret, apply, explain, develop and implement standards, policies, regulations and procedures.
(9) Be aware of occupational hazards and utilise standard safety practices.
(10) Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
(11) Accompany and assist external contractors undertaking Legionella testing and sampling regime.
(1) Develop, implement and administer goals, objectives and procedures.
(2) Prepare and present verbal reports.
(3) Communicate effectively.
(4) Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all personnel.
(5) Legionella and associated hazard awareness.
Deadline is 14th July 2021.