Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In Tax department, we are managing all corporate income and indirect (transactional) tax matters within DPDHL. Would you like to join us? Would you be able to develop and administer sub-functional plans on tax related matters, tax compliance and accounting principles to maintain effective tax rates, minimize tax risk and improve cash?
If this is something what interest you, read on:
Reporting to Head of Tax Middle East Africa & CIS region, the job holder will manage the taxation matters of DHL Group entities in Eastern Africa Region (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and as well as agent countries). The position is also responsible for developing and recommending tax planning initiatives for consideration by top management.
What you will be doing:
• Develop and execute cost-effective tax strategies and policies encompassing continuity of operations, adherence to all relevant laws and regulations, maintain the highest standards for governance and accounting records.
• Proactively working with the Business on direct (Corporate Tax and PAYE) and indirect tax issues (VAT and Customs and Excise) affecting the business.
• Execute tax related processes, services and activities in compliance with laid down processes, controls, regulations and systems
• Engage tax advisers and Tax Authorities and coordinate responses to all tax audits and queries within timelines agreed with or demanded by tax authorities
• Strategic Tax Planning, Tax Risks Mitigation and routine tax Compliance by proactively advising and mitigating all tax risks for Legal Entities in Eastern Africa Countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia)
• Managing the monthly, quarterly and yearly processes of VAT, Withholding Tax, Reverse VAT, Deferred Tax and Corporation Tax computations and prepare / review monthly tax returns and follow up for timely filing with, payment to & reconciliation with tax offices for the different Entities within the Eastern Africa Cluster
• Provide effective tax solutions that implement appropriate – tax optimization opportunities for the business while adhering to all laws and regulations Responsible for driving the Group’s tax planning and execution, enabling exceptional tax project delivery, operational effectiveness and governance.
• Manages multi-country tax complexities and optimization to support business while ensuring perfect compliance and governance.
• Represent the Group and its entities with government authorities including Tribunals, Treasury, Parliamentary Committees and Revenue Authorities.
• Stay updated and analyze impact of new tax regulations and laws
• Participate in negotiations with national tax authorities and, if needed, international tax authorities
• Collaborate with Legal to ensure compliance with local financial-legal requirements and other local/ secretarial requirements. In addition, review of contracts to advice on the tax implications there in.
• Manage day to day tax matters of the divisions, liaising with Finance and accounting teams
What should be on your profile:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics or other Business Field.
• Professional qualification in CPA (K) or ACCA is a requirement
• Postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
• At least 10 Years’ Experience in Taxation, Finance and Accounting.
• A minimum of 5 Years in an audit firm environment with experience in handling legal tax matters will be an added advantage.
• Planning and Organizing skills
• Customer Service Skills
• Leadership & Advisory Skills
• Amazing chance to be part of an international company with a leading position on the market
• Amazing chance to be tax support and advisor with focus on different geographical areas of responsibility (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia)
• Outstanding opportunity, responsibility and as well as a fantastic working environment
• Competitive salary and benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application!