Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more. Like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has a direct presence in four other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Casablanca, Cairo and Nairobi.
Philips has the goal to improve 400 million lives a year in communities with poor access to care by 2030.
Philips has a global Access to Care program, coordinating efforts across all parts of Philips towards achieving this goal. These efforts include the development of relevant solutions and value propositions for access to care markets as well as building capabilities and partnerships in the markets to sell, implement and support these solutions towards sustained impact. Our approach is supporting the global push for Universal Health Coverage and in support of the Sustainability Development Goals of the UN.
Over the past years, Philips has built a portfolio of solutions for improving community and primary care.
The Philips Community Life Center (CLC) platform is a comprehensive modular solution that addresses the primary care segment in totality. Standardized modules (covering aspects such as consulting, infrastructure, capacity strengthening, IT and monitoring/ evaluation (M&E), community outreach, project management and maintenance and services) are configured into a customized solution based on input generated through customer co-creations and site visits. Making the referral from community to secondary/ tertiary level work and enabling information flow within facilities and along the referral chain is key for us in ensuring sustainability of our approach. Philips has the CLC-solution running in around 150 facilities in Africa. These project show strong positive impact. We are currently working in multiple countries in implementing CLC at large scale.
As part of the CLC-solution, a primary care digital platform was developed where we currently have two applications released, MOM for Mother and Childcare and MEL for remote monitoring of health facilities. Work is ongoing to further expand the portfolio of solutions.
Africa is one of the focus markets for our Access to Care program. In order to accelerate our access to care business in Africa, we currently have an opportunity for a passionate Business Leader Primary Care Africa – to be based in our office in Nairobi.
You will be reporting to the global venture leader Connected Primary Care Solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Primary Care business in Africa. You will develop a strategy for further developing this market for Philips, build senior-level partnerships with stakeholders, represent Philips in relevant networks, identity and develop project opportunities towards closing and oversee project execution. At the same time, together with your counterparts in other regions, you will use your market knowledge and insights to guide our research and product development work.
You are responsible for
- Contributing to the lives improved targets of Philips for Africa through growing the market for Philips solutions for improving primary care
- Developing and implementing a strategy for primary care in Africa, including focus countries, key products and core partnerships
- Building executive level relationships with relevant governments, NGOs, private healthcare providers, donors and financiers
- Representing Philips in relevant networks, such as the SDG Partnership Platform in Kenya
- Generating Order Intake and Sales for Philips primary care products and solutions, in close collaboration with district sales teams and distributors
- Developing a focused funnel of large primary care transformation projects through the Philips deal board process towards closing
- Managing client relationships during project execution
- Building and managing a team of local primary care business developers in Africa
- Organizing regular alignment with Philips businesses and providing input for primary care portfolio decisions
- Follow all relevant business and Q&R policies and procedures and when requested participate in reviews and follow-up actions
You are a part of
An entrepreneurial cross-national venture team with a strong drive to develop solutions and build the market for primary care solutions
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Strong drive to improve access to healthcare in Africa
- Broad experience working in (primary) healthcare in Africa
- Proven track record in building business and closing deals
- Experience with solution sales (Professional Services, Financial Services or Outsourcing)
- Experience with large scale project financing
- Strong network in public and private sector
- Natural leader who builds respect in the market and in Philips
- Team player who can work with other parts of Philips as well as external partners
- Fluent in English, verbal and written, proficiency in French is a plus
- Self-driven – and a passion for the opportunities we have