Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Silensec, a management consulting, technology services and training company specialized in information security, wants to hire a Senior Penetration Tester reporting to the Chief Executive Officer/Head of Incident Response. The Senior Penetration Tester is responsible for execution of a number of different technical consultancies including but not limited to penetration testing, incident response and computer forensics, and implementation of security solutions. The role involves working with security compliance consultants and business consultants to deliver complex projects for a wide range of clients both in Kenya and abroad.
Junior Security Consultant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Monitoring and analysing events and alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM’s, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WIPS, Systems, Networks, Anti-virus, etc.)
- Help with creation of Tickets to track internal and external activities
- Actively teamwork in incident response, triage and analysis.
- Prepares and maintains Administrative Documentation, respecting internal policies.
- Help in maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise wide systems and networks
- Provide situational awareness support to ensure protection, detection response and sustenance of the organization security posture
- As part of the team, support security initiatives through predictive and reactive analysis and articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff.
- Assisting in the development of security compliance reports such a ISO27001, PCI DSS and more as directed by leadership.
- Assisting in the delivery of vulnerability assessments and remediation.
- Assisting in the deployment and configuration of a range of security controls from leading vendors such as DLP, SIEM, WAF, database firewalls etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or a related tertiary qualification.
- At least one to two (1-2) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, incident management, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently or in a group as needed.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching.
- Hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark, Linux and Windows system administration.
- Knowledge of or experience with SIEM, DAM, IPD/IDS monitoring technologies (IBM QRadar, Guardium, Splunk, AlienVault, ArcSight, Suricata, Zeek, Snort, Shodan,etc )
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Window operating system. Added bonus: Technical certifications from leading vendors such as CISCO, Symantec, IBM, Imperva
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs.
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
How to Apply
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be in PDF format
- File name must include your first and last name and the Role you are applying for