The first half of 2021 is over and we have commenced the second part which will be more successful if you improve strategies used during job hunting. In case you did not achieve your goals in the first half part, then you can start to proactively plan and prepare to ensure you achieve your targets. To ensure you reach upturn, here is what you can do to position yourself for success.
- Keep in touch with other people. Set the stage by communicating with people you know can help you. Share that you are looking for a job and ask them if they can be of help to you. Find out if they know people at the companies you want to work for.
- Selectively grow your social network. Update your LinkedIn profile and social media footprint. Some recruiters may look at your social media postings to get a better sense of who you are so search what you’ve posted in the past. Your postings should show the value you offer to a potential employer. Delete any questionable, inappropriate, or inflammatory Tweets and Facebook postings.
- Engage in an authentic branding and marketing campaign on social media. The key is to showcase your skills, abilities, knowledge, achievements, and brilliance.
- Set goals that are SMART, specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. Come up with a system to make those goals happen.
- Design and practice elevator pitch. An elevator pitch is a term used to describe yourself, your business, performance, or current project so that in case of an interview, you will quickly sell yourself and seize the opportunity.
- Find recruiters, career coaches, and professional CV writers who can help with your job search and career advancement.
In conclusion, technology has improved and eased communication and you can utilize online networking to speak to people you trust in your field for recommendations. Speak with your friends and former coworkers and ask who they’ve used in their job searches and were they successful with that person. You can search online directories; LinkedIn and job boards to find recruiters that are active in your sector.
Sign up for job updates from our website
Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com., use the subject heading REVIEW.
Career Associated Job Updates Sign Up