Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance manager – maternity reliever 6 months
Overall Management and Leadership
• As a member of the CMT, participate in strategic planning and direction setting for the country office its programs, lending your unique perspective and expertise to the process.
• Lead finance department in a collaborative effort with program managers to ensure high- quality financial planning, management, reporting and auditing of all programs, including thorough budget preparation and oversight.
• Identify operational challenges that affect the integrity of resource management.
• Participate in international work groups assigned to develop global policies and/or optimize systems and procedures.
• Review and assess status of the country office policies, procedures and workflows, identify gaps or outdated policies and prioritize improvements.
• Keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations of local authorities (e.g., consortium of non-governmental organizations, Tax Department) and constituents that impact Helen Keller’s operations.
• Make proposals for best practices in financial operations.
Accounting and General Ledger Management
• Manage and work directly with accounting and finance staff to ensure timely and accurate general ledger maintenance, banking and cash management, accounts payable, and payroll and procurement processes for the office.
• Maintain a clear segregation of duties within the finance and accounting team and ensure strong internal controls are in place and that staff are cross trained so that replacements are always available.
• Ensure that:
o general ledger balances are analyzed.
o Bank reconciliations are performed accurately, monthly and reconciling items are resolved timely.
o quality financial reports are produced according to donor and Helen Keller timelines
o payroll is analyzed for accuracy and consistency before payment.
o benefit and tax payments (social security contributions, taxes, training fees etc.) are made on time and that clear evidence of payments is available.
o Financial data is accurate and up to date for a timely monthly closing process.
o Filing systems and archiving of financial records are maintained.
• Maintain cash flow to ensure that liquidity is maintained.
• Manage country and project audits.
• Serve as a link with the bank on the electronic payment system and other facilities.
• Track donor agreements and sub-grants to partners and ensure that all advances to partners are justified and deliverables are received; and
Budget and Grants Management
• Maintain a complete financial knowledge of the portfolio of awards in the country office.
• Coordinate and prepare the annual and mid-term budget of the country office.
• Conduct monthly monitoring of project implementation rates and share variance analysis reports with the CD and budget owners.
• Prepare invoices, financial reports, analyze accruals, forecasts and other financial deliverables for awards.
• Reconcile donor reports to the general ledger (cash and expenses).
• Track and report monthly project expenditures, fund execution rates, and donor funds received, and provide appropriate information to the Country Director and program managers on a monthly basis.
• Ensures that budgets and other financial information are properly represented in financial and project management systems. Manage hard copy and electronic records for each project.
• Conduct field visits to sub-recipients, as required, to assist in the assessment of sub- recipients’ financial management.
• Prepare proposal budgets and budget amendments. Review budgets to ensure conformity with the work plan.
• Prepare budget narratives for grant proposal budgets.
• Manage the project start-up and/or closing processes, as needed.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
Human Resources Management
• Model collaboration for your matrixed team: effectively consult and inform colleagues to maximize efficiency and knowledge sharing and integrate guidance and direction from subject matter experts in your office and elsewhere in the global organization to maximize performance.
• Build a highly effective Finance team, recruiting, supervising, mentoring, and evaluating staff, and engaging in frequent performance conversations with team members.
• Delegate authority, consult with, and guide staff to achieve goals and contribute to an atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development.
• Ensure accountability to beneficiaries, partners, colleagues and donors by providing ongoing feedback in a context of mutual respect.
• Participate in the recruitment process of other staff as requested by management.
• Facilitate financial training to both financial and non-financial colleagues.
• Validate time input and approval in Journyx time reports for accuracy and completeness by Kenya Staff team.
Perform any other task to contribute to the smooth running of the organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with an MBA in Business Administration or M.Sc. in Finance. CPA or ACCA certification is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience with steady progress in responsibilities and 3 years’ experience in a management position preferably for an International NGO in a similar position.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating audit activities and managing reports, budget development and analysis, reporting financial information to management and external stakeholders, account payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll.
• Knowledge of USAID regulations
• Proficiency with accounting software and excellent Excel skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Skills and Competencies
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize among competing demands.
• Ability to manage, guide and lead the team to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
• A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines in a multi-cultural setting.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to KRecruitment@hki.org stating the job title in the subject line. Deadline for receiving applications: COB 16th July, 2021.**
In the spirit of our name’s sake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all types is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the ability to perform the required job duties.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.