Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Quality Controller is responsible for testing the quality of incoming non-medical goods. S/he implements and ensures the smooth running of the ICRC’s quality policy.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts relevant quality inspection of goods received from Local and International Suppliers, according to well-defined criteria, using only the latest version of quality instructions and strictly following ICRC Logistics Procedures;
- Maintain the quality control records database with the latest version of quality control forms, reports, and instructions;
- Ensure that quality-control equipment is calibrated before testing and that it is calibrated on schedule;
- Is responsible for keeping the quality-control area, sample room, and equipment clean and safe;
- Plans, coordinates and records the results of measurements, examinations, tests, and gauging of items to ensure that the minimum quality requirements are met personally and perform measurements;
- Uses standard quality control documents to ensure that quality testing is undertaken and those accurate findings are relayed to the quality officer and the quality technician;
- Reviews current work practices to identify areas in which the quality process could be improved/developed;
- Support the Quality Officer and the Quality technician in investigating nonconformities, customer complaints, and any discrepancy in the quality of items, received from Suppliers;
- Prepares Quality Control status report on a weekly and monthly basis and submits to Regional Quality technician;
- Supervision of Loading inspection for food items at the supplier site to ensure the integrity of the trucks and that the loading and transportation process does not affect the quality of the items;
- Maintains & keeps up to date the samples library.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Quality Management/Control or science-related field;
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in sampling and/or quality inspection;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases) and fluent internet user;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Able to write clear and concise reports, procedures, and quality documents in English;
- Attentive to details with a high sense of confidentiality and integrity;
- Good presentation and analytical skills;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 09th July 2021 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via:
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Quality Controller must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.