Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: 29th June 2021
Deadline for application: 9 th July 2021
Job Title: Health Promoter Supervisor
Duty Station: Karuri, Kiambu County
Médecins Sans Frontiéres Belgium (Kenya) is looking to fill the above position on a fixed term (extendable) contract for our Kiambu Project.
MSF’s People Who Use Drugs (PWUD) project in Kiambu aims to ‘reduce morbidity and mortality among PWUD in Kiambu County through the approach of Medically Assisted Therapy (MAT) clinic for people addicted to opioids, in collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH) and Civil Society Organization (CSO). The project is following the approach of Harm Reduction towards drugs use.
Objective of the Position:
The Health Promoter Supervisor will work in close collaboration with the HP IEC Activities Manager, implementing and supervising educational campaigns according to MSF values, standards and procedures in order to increase awareness of the targeted population and to promote prevention and treatment of diseases in the project area.
- Implement the different phases of the creation of a PWUD-led organization.
- Participate in the development of HP activities in the MAT clinic.
- Train the MAT clinic staff to use the HP materials.
- Supervise the HP activities in the MAT clinic.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Identifying key actors (local authorities, local NGOs, traditional healers, formal or informal authorities) and being the focal point for the networking in order to support the dissemination of health information of the target population and be the point of reference for the relation and networking with these subjects.
- Organisation of activities with other Key Population CSO (trainings, meetings…)
- Communicate and follow-up feedback to the staff and management team on the quality of services and care.
- In close collaboration with the HP manager, participating in the definition and update of the HP/IEC strategy and identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities, results, and achievements. Supporting the HP manager in organizing and carrying out assessments and research on the impact of HP activities and identifying and reporting the constraints, difficulties or strength points of the HP strategy inside and outside the medical structures in order to reinforce the link between the communities and the project.
- Collecting and reporting to the medical team any information linked to the health situation of the population and the patient.
- Informing, according to protocols, community members and identified risk groups (prisons, army, sexual workers, PWUDs etc.) about healthrelated issues.
- Providing support in selecting and developing quality pedagogical communication strategies towards the community. Planning information campaigns, including targets, objectives, methods and goals in order to increase awareness among the targeted population.
- On request, perform any other additional duties given by the direct supervisor in order to allow the organization to function optimally
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Essential Degree or diploma in social sciences or education/pedagogy / or social work.
- Essential 2 years working experience in health promotion activities, or training-education activities preferably with MSF.
- Previous INGO experience will be an added advantage.
- Essential: Computer Literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Stress Management, Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Good oral/written English & Swahili.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the envelop/ email subject line “Health Promoter Supervisor”, to:
The HR/ Finance Manager
Kiambu (PWUD) Project
MSF Belgium, Kenya Mission
Applications should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to Karuri Hospital MAT Clinic.
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.