Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title : OPERATION THEATRE NURSE
Work Location : Dagahaley Refugee camp, Garissa County
Start date : August 2021
Length of contract : 12 months Fixed term contract (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Nursing director.
Organize and carry-out all nursing activities related to the operating theatre (OT) running, according to MSF health protocols, universal hygienic standards and in coordination with the surgeon and anaesthetist, in order to ensure a smooth functioning of the surgical activities (pre, during and postoperative care) offered to patients.
- Ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality), in the OT and carryout the reception, transport of the patient from the preparation room to the OT and ensuring his/her installation for surgery.
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs, in order to facilitate their job and helping throughout the whole process.
- Checks vital parameters of the patient with the nurse anaesthetist
- Organize the patient’s transport and installation from the operating theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the post-operative activities (used material collection, OT’s cleaning and disinfection, resetting all equipment and material back), in order to prepare the OT for next surgical intervention or any emergency.
- Implement and follow-up the hygiene, sterilization, asepsis and disinfection protocols and procedures at all times, in pre, during and post-operative activities, in order to ensure the patient and staff’s safety conditions. i.e. waste containers availability, sharps container, checking no material or needles remain in the surgical towels, placing instruments into soak container, take instruments/linen to sterilization unit, etc.).
- Supervise and train the nurse-aids and cleaners while in the OT in following all appropriate protocols and procedures, in order to ensure the quality of the healthcare given to patients. and train NS where applicable
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Follow user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Control all equipment and material stock to be used in the OT, in order to ensure an efficient and rationale use of material resources while preventing damage and deterioration.
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (check identity of patient and his/her consent for the operation, fill in patients files, forms, statistics, quantitative surgical data collection, etc.), and report any problematic situations and cases arising, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity and ensuring proper transfer of information.
- Participate in data and reporting
- Intervene in support of other services whenever needed and work particularly in close collaboration with the accident, emergency department and with obstetrics.
- Nursing diploma with specialisation as a theatre Nurse essential. Desired Bachelor in science of Nursing
- Essential 2 years work experience in OT.
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Mission language essential (English).
- Local language desirable (Kiswahili, Somali)
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 15th July 2021
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)