Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR RADIOTHERAPIST REF: TNH/HRD/SR/06/21
Reporting to the Team Leader – Oncology, the successful candidate will be responsible for simulate and carry out dosimetry for the hospital’s oncology patients to ensure quality radiotherapy treatment in line with established protocols and the Hospital’s patient care objectives.
Roles and responsibilities
- Educate patients on the simulation process and obtain their consent for treatment and allergy declarations in order to ensure utmost corporation and compliance to established guidelines;
- Conduct CT scan simulation and tattoo the patients’ area of interest for purposes of treatment planning;
- Import CT/MRI images to the Treatment Planning Systems (TPS) and proceed in order to plan treatment for patients;
- Plan patients’ treatment including contouring Organs at Risk (OAR) in order to optimise the dose distribution;
- Follow up with the Oncologist to ensure that cross tumour volume (CTV) is done;
- Create the treatment plans including the fields of projection, optimise dose limits to organs at risk (OAR) and planning tumour volume (PTV) in line with international protocols;
- Present and discuss the treatment plans with the Chief Oncologist in order to receive approval;
- Submit the approved treatment plans to the Medical Physicist team for quality assurance and address any arising issues accordingly;
- Liaise with the Medical Records Officer to schedule patients for treatment sessions;
- Provide guidance to junior radiotherapists on execution of work to ensure compliance to set standards;
- Provide formal and on-the-job training as clinical resources to doctors, nurses and other radiotherapists on current practices; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and experience
- Higher Diploma or Degree in Radiotherapy or Radiation Technology from a recognized institution.
- Must be a registered member with the relevant registration body and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 5 years’ radiotherapy experience with 2 years at supervisory level.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of radio-physics
- Patient care skills
- Understanding of health and safety guidelines related to radiotherapy
- Attention to detail including high levels of precision
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Team working skills
Method of application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 9th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100
NAIROBI email: email@example.com