Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR REGISTRAR – ANAESTHESIA REF: TNH/HRD/SRA/06/21
Reporting to the Team Leader – Anaesthesia, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out clinical procedures and clinical management of in-patient and out-patient in order to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
Roles an responsibilities
- Carry out initial patient assessment, treatment, stabilization and referrals in line with the patients’ condition in order to achieve optimal patient care;
- Carry out non-emergency and emergency procedures on patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Carry out ward rounds for daily clinical progress and management of patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care;
- Participate in continuous medical evaluations to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization;
- Pursue mentor ship opportunities in applicable specialty area under a specialist or consultant in compliance with the specialist recognition requirements;
- Participate in patient reviews in outpatient clinics as and when required;
- Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives;
- Participate in the development and/or review of protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management;
- Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
Education and experience
- Master of Medicine degree in Anaesthesia from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ pre-qualification experience as a medical officer.
- Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certificate.
- Emergent lifesaving skills
- Recognition and assessment of patient’s and ability to intervene as required
- Ability to carry out emergent and non-emergent procedures including IV cannulation, dialysis cathetization and emergency intubation among others
- Patient care skills
- Effective decision-making and judgement skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
Method of application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 9th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100
NAIROBI email: email@example.com