Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Project Coordinator, Living Labs Initiative
This position is funded through June 2022, with possibility of extension
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, this individual will support the Living Labs, a fast-paced and iterative human-centered design initiative which accelerates the pace of health innovation to ensure all communities have the solutions they need to live healthy lives. The Living Labs initiative will improve health outcomes and ensure locally-driven innovation by building on existing human-centered design expertise in the countries where PATH works. While the Living Labs was established in 2019 with a focus on applying rapid ideation to enhance the motivation of frontline immunization workers in sub-Saharan Africa, the initiative has also expanded into adjacent health areas and bodies of work such as maternal health, nutrition, diabetes, and medical devices/product development.
This role will work closely with a global team located across multiple geographic locations and time zones (i.e., Nairobi, Lusaka, Kinshasa, Dakar, Washington DC, and Seattle) and with a multi-disciplinary team across several programs within the institution (i.e., Center of Digital and Data Excellence [CoDE], Market Dynamics, Medical Devices and Health Technologies, and multiple country programs). We are looking for a dynamic team player who is passionate to be part of a growing, global team.
- Act as project manager for specific technical and programmatic workstreams, ensuring quality implementation and achievement of project goals and deliverables, especially:
- Work closely with the Living Labs core team to manage key deliverables, action items, milestone tracking and ensuring other team members are delivering on-time.
- Develop and manage biweekly presentations and proactive communication to donors.
- Support development and review process for all interim and final reports.
- Coordinate proactive management for production and finalization of complex documents, including proposals, reports, advocacy materials, project materials, presentations, technical deliverables, etc.
- Develop and oversee implementation of a robust knowledge management (KM) system that allows our team to rapidly iterate, pivot, learn, and evolve, specifically:
- Develop and maintain Smartsheet to manage business development pipelines (including integration with Salesforce), risk register, integrated workplan, results framework, and other sheets, reports, and dashboards as requested.
- Create a system to integrate qualitative insights by linking Box, Miro, and Smartsheet to track outputs and impact.
- Lead internal trainings and coach/mentor team to drive adoption of the KM system.
- Gather team feedback on better utilization of the KM system and collaborate with the Living Labs leadership for continuous improvement.
- Support and/or manage ongoing activities and engagement with Technical Advisory Group (TAG) – including developing the content for quarterly meetings and monthly report-out to TAG members.
- Take the lead on administrative tasks such as managing meetings (i.e., scheduling, drafting agendas, leading/facilitating, ensuring notes are documented, and tracking action items), managing IRB processes/reporting, liaising with project administrator on agreements/sub-contracts, managing travel requests, and completing other administrative forms or tasks in collaboration with program assistants in other Living Labs focus countries.
- Communicate proactively with staff throughout the organization, as well as external partners, donors, and collaborators/partners that involves:
- Draft, copy, edit, format, fact-check, and proofread a variety of documents, as needed, and manage approval/review processes at the team and headquarters levels.
- Support ongoing storytelling and communication activities by blending qualitative and quantitative insights to support reporting and visibility of Living Labs internally and externally.
- Play a contributing role in shaping PATH’s strategic vision of embedding human-centered-design expertise in our country offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; minimum of 3 years of experience in project management or advanced administration.
- Team player who needs minimal supervision and is comfortable with working openly, creatively and transparently in a multi-cultural environment, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Extremely detail-oriented and adaptable; proven ability to be impeccably organized in notetaking, document naming, file organization and documentation.
- Ability to be pro-active, self-manage tasks and timelines in a fast-paced and complex international environment while working in and nurturing a supportive team environment.
- Proficiency in Smartsheet and intermediate computer skills in MS Office products (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams) and Box; experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to think creatively to help organize information, manage workflow, and improve systems and processes.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with and build strong relationships with senior staff, global colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Strong prioritization skills, effective time management, and a high performer when facing deadlines with an ability to analyze complex issues to development relevant and realistic plans and recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and using various project management systems and tools. Formal training or certification in knowledge management, change or project management desired.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must have legal authorization to work in the designated PATH country of work.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.