Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Business Development Officer
ICEA LION General Insurance Company, a leading provider of general insurance products and services seeks to recruit a Business Development Officer whose responsibilities will be to develop strong and stable relationships, attend to quotations and negotiate with intermediaries and other clients to ensure business production, growth and renewals.
- Prepare competitive quotations for prospects.
- Set up meetings, prepare and deliver presentations to potential clients.
- Prepare risk registers for various clients for underwriting purpose.
- Consult on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Ensure credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Manage Broker/Agents social forums to enhance relationships and reward good performance.
- Deliver good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Maintain a regular and accurate updated database of all prospective and closed business
- Manage exhibition stands and corporate sponsorships
- Ensure strict adherence to practices, procedures and policy stipulated in the business development operational manual including the Code of Ethics.
- Out of town travel to source, renew and collect premiums.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or related discipline from a reputable university.
- COP (College of Insurance) with Sales & Marketing being an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in sales and marketing.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers).
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and performance oriented.
Method of application
If you fit the above profile, please send your application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing on subject the job title.