Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
What You Will Do
- Harvest Excellence:
- Regularly monitor and measure Komaza standards against national, regional and international forestry standards
- Ensure that these standards of excellence are consistently implemented across each Regional Business Unit (RBU).
- Support hiring and onboarding of new Harvest employees
- Contribute to a Harvest culture that prioritises safety and professionalism
- Advise on the development of inventory, marking and tree data collection tools, procedures and systems
- Own and advance the Harvest training curriculum and calendar. Coordinate & ensure high quality Harvest onboarding training for all new employees
- Act as primary assessor for the Harvest certification system
- Facilitate training of trainers courses across each Regional Business Unit
- Deliver regular new and refresher training content to new and existing staff across all Komaza Regional Business Units
Harvest Risk Assessment Monitoring:
- Support the Harvest Director and Komaza Design Team to develop and implement a risk matrix against all farms
- Ensure that appropriate skill levels are catered for within felling, extraction and haulage teams to handle the requirements of each respective role
- Implement tools and process for regular health and safety assessment of all Harvest teams
- Ensure appropriate first aid training, standards and protocols are in place across all Regional Business Units
Harvest Inventory Oversight:
- Ensure all Harvest teams are equipped with the appropriate equipment for the task at hand
- Collaborate with providers to ensure that all Komaza equipment is well maintained & in good operational condition
- Manage harvest equipment maintenance and service tools and schedules
- Manage and keep a suitable inventory of spare/ replacement parts in stock across all RBUs.
What You Have
- Five plus years of forestry or operations experience
- At least two years of proven management and leadership experience
- At least one year’s experience in a dynamic, high-pressure operational environment
- Experience within a position holding responsibility for safety and standards
- Experience in organizing, developing, and delivering training
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, operations or a related field
- Advanced felling / chainsaw certification
- Demonstrated experience in maintenance and servicing of chainsaws / mechanical equipment
- Strong written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- A team player who is adaptable in a dynamic work environment
- Well organised and good at planning and coordinating projects
- Energetic and enthusiastic, willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, as well as patience and perseverance in the face of serious logistical and environmental hurdles including problem solving
- Excellent work ethic, positive attitude, and attention to detail
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver results
- Interest in sustainable economic development and / or agroforestry
- Skilled in using a computer, proficiency in G-suits is an added advantage
Komaza is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.