Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Machine Operator – Moulding
- Nairobi, Kenya
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Primary Purpose of the Role
Run Production Equipment in the most efficient, effective, and safest manner to meet/Surpass the target throughput as well as perform daily equipment autonomous/preventive maintenance (Daily cleaning, checking, lubricating & tightening to prevent deterioration)
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Competently perform the Moulding Machine operation functions Following the stipulated work procedures.
- Test the machine before main work begins to be sure that it is in good condition for production.
- Account for your Shift Tubes production by ensuring that all tubes are weighed and properly recorded.
- Competently Perform daily equipment autonomous maintenance activities: – (Daily cleaning, checking, lubricating, and tightening) to prevent deterioration.
- Monitor the machine during production to ensure optimum running and Promptly report to the process optimizer/technician in case of any Machine malfunction.
- Strictly adhere to the laid down safe working procedures and remember ‘Safety First ‘in whatever you do.
- Ensure production of quality products/tubes by managing periodic checks on output.
- No mix-up of Materials during production runs-Use the right material without fail.
- Avoid generation of waste by doing right things first time.
- Promptly liaise with the Process Optimizer/Q. A Inspector in case of any off-spec component.
- Adhere to Good Housekeeping practices always.
- Record the results of daily inspections and the details of all breakdowns in the machine check sheets.
- Conduct smooth hand over to the incoming machine operator—to be done at the workstation.
- Update all the relevant documents e.g., M/c downtime sheets, Change over sheets etc.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve 100% of set production targets.
- Zero accidents and incidences
- Zero cases of rework and minimal quantities of waste
- Products produced meet stipulated quality standards.
- Well updated log sheets
- Smooth shift handovers
- Minimum KCSE D+ and a certificate in Engineering or a production related field
- Diploma in engineering is an added advantage
- Professional qualification in related field is an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience as an operator at entry level for an O level or certificate holder or 1-year experience as an operator for a Diploma holder
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.