Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
What you will do
- Work on the platform design, implementation and operations of KOKO cloud services hosted in AWS
- Design and implement the deployment pipeline KOKO applications
- Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices for the engineering team
- Troubleshoot any part of supported services when needed
- Design or improve processes as needed to optimize performance and cost of our infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions for monitoring and alerting
- Automate routine tasks enabling other teams to work more effectively
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to support services before they go live
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Oversee planned outages, and assist with major upgrades to ensure minimum downtime
- Ensuring systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Work with software developers to ensure that the development follows established processes.
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO.
- Monitor and measure customer experience and KPIs.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Strong all-round skills working with Linux based systems
- Two or more years of experience with managing cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
- Experience with cloud monitoring tools
- Strong expertise with containerisation.
- Configuration and managing databases like PostgreSQL, DynamoDB.
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!