Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination, management and operations of procurement functions in compliance with the procurement policies and regulations. Specifically, the scope of responsibilities attached to this position includes;
- Preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Conducting price survey in the supply market and updating the Society’s records.
- Carrying out sourcing activities as may be required for various procurement requirements.
- Monitoring of User departments spend patterns and ensuring on time update of procurement plan.
- Collecting, analyzing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation.
- Receiving the approved requisitions and processing the appropriate documentation for purchases/services/contracts.
- Coordinating with User Departments and making sure the right specifications for materials/items needed are provided on a timely manner.
- Providing purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and doing all actions for completing the process.
- Coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and services as ordered.
- Proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including Requisitions, Quotations, LPOs, Invoices and Delivery notes awaiting payment.
- Ensuring proper record management of various procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements for accountability and audit purpose.
- Maintaining complete and updated purchasing/supplier records/data and pricing in the system.
- Preparation of various information and statistical reports.
Education and Qualifications
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or a related area.
- Professional membership will be an added advantage (KISM/CIPS).
- Minimum 1 (one) year previous experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office Suite
Requires skills and Competences
- High levels of integrity.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a hands on approach to all tasks.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
How to apply
Complete and submit your application by 9th July 2021, EOD. Ensure you attach your application letter and a detailed CV. No need to attach certificates and other testimonials at application stage but short listed candidates will be required to produce the Original documents and their copies during the interview.
NB: Applications that are incomplete or that are received beyond the deadline will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.