Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– IT Project Lead (CAPP project)at UK or Kenya or any existing Save the Children office location.
SCI is undergoing significant transformation across a number of core business processes, systems, and structures, through the implementation of a number of transformational projects. This role will work with these projects to ensure the overall successful delivery of the project with specific accountability for all of the IT components, including management of the delivery of the software from the third party supplier, the various phases of testing, through go-live to the transition into support.
CAPP is a programme of change with multiple project streams including:
- Delivery of PPM and Prime to management delivery of programmes in the field
- Implementation of a new global common coding model
- Deployment of shared common platforms including Agresso and Prime to Members
This role will act as IT Project Lead for one or more of these project streams.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Project Reporting Line: Project manager of the specified project
Staff reporting to this post: The individual specific Project IT resources will have a project reporting line into this role
Budget Responsibilities: This role will work with the specific project manager to detail, and then deliver against the IT project budget; any deviations from forecast will be managed and escalated. The role will also work with the support team to detail total cost of ownership, including the support costs.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in the implementation of ERP / global solutions in a multinational environment experiencing a phased approach for the implementation
- Experience of working in an Agile environment preferably with Third Party delivery resources
- Prior experience of successfully managing large and complex change projects and programmes involving business processes, technology, data, and business reporting
- An understanding of “what good looks like” in terms of large scale implementation
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and to quality using project management processes and tools including risk management, financial management and quality assurance
- A technical understanding of IT infrastructure and technology development / deployment preferably in web/cloud based solutions
- Understanding of system architectures, data strategies, upgrade strategies and cutover planning
- Experience of transitioning implementations into support and the resulting impacts
- A proven ability to resolve issues swiftly and decisively whilst safeguarding standards and procedures
- Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
- Proven experience of using and leading change management activities including change impact assessment, stakeholder management, managing resistance, building change capacity, designing and defining roles and responsibilities.
- Someone with drive and enthusiasm who demonstrates accountability and collaboration
- Scars, and the resulting learnings
- Experience in managing offshore project team members
- Ability to run highly effective content rich interactive workshops
- Management and influencing skills with experience of working with senior level stakeholders
- The ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line in a multinational environment
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organisation
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience of implementing systems in challenging country environments
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience in a range of business process and systems including Financial Systems (Agresso), HR Systems (Oracle), Planning and M&E, Awards/Grant Management systems, Advocacy, Supply Chain and Supporter Database/CRM.
- Proficiency in a second core language of Save the Children (French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic)
We can offer circa £ 62,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in Uk or Kenya or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Closing Date 18 Jul 2021 – 01:59 EAT
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.