Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger-free in close partnership with local partners.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules, and regulations.
- Participate in the accurate application of financial policies and procedures to support the implementation of accurate accounting systems and internal controls.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems, and design tools to support transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Monitor the daily cash position to optimize the use of surplus cash and improve returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
- Ensure payments are processed timely, resolve complex issues relating to the disbursement of funds.
- Contribute to preparation, implementation, and monitoring of budgets, expenditure, and budget forecasts to ensure future funding requirements are met.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure all financial and administrative serviced are performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Monitor account balances and coordinate recording of financial transactions accurately and timely.
- Monitor, control, and analyze general ledger accounts to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
- Prepare and analyze financial and statistical reports based on the established frequency and provide recommendations for further actions to the Finance Officer.
- Coordinate and supervise work of other support staff and support their learning and development in the management of financial resources.
- Be on standby and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in Finance and/or Accounting.
At least six years of progressively responsible experience in Finance.
Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience analyzing, interpreting data and generating reports.
- Experience handling financial transactions
- Strong skills in Microsoft office
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year
Closing Date: 15th July 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.