Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
COXSWAIN (1 VACANCY) Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1106
Applications are invited from interested and qualified persons for the following vacancy in The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Plc.
COXSWAIN (1 VACANCY)
Reporting to the Transport Engineer, the successful candidate will be operating a company boat to ferry Company staff and equipment within the Lamu Islands. The specific tasks will entail:-
- Ferry employees and loading/unloading of materials for operation from the boat within designated points as instructed.
- Ensure good maintenance and safe custody of the boat and equipment.
- Ensure safety of products/goods in the boat and its crew.
- Observe and comply with marine code of conduct and other related legal laws.
- Ensure payment of taxes/levies and valid licences for the boat are available at all times.
- Carry out daily cleaning and minor routine maintenance of the boat
- Report any malfunction of the boat for timely repairs.
- Prepare fuel cost returns
- Maintain and make timely records of mileage returns.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- KCSE Certificate.
- Coxswain licence from Kenya Ports Authority or other comparable organizations
- Valid Driving License class BCE.
- Three (3) years rowing/sailing experience
- Excellent navigating skills and understanding of wind patterns in the Indian Ocean
- First Aid training and fire fighting techniques
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and familiarity with boat operations
- Experience in swimming/diving
- Possession of safety training will be an added advantage.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of. Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA.
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference
Interested persons should send their applications, CVs, copies of national identification, certificates and other relevant testimonials, information on current salary, telephone contact and names of three referees to:
a) Are you registered with us in our careers portal? Click here to register.
Method of application
Interested persons should submit their applications online through visiting Kenya Power website on http://www.kplc.co.ke. Attach detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials. Quote the title of the position you are applying for and include your mobile telephone contact, email addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees to be received not later than Friday, 23rd July 2021.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer