Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager – International Relations & Diplomacy
This position is responsible for KRA’s role in international tax and customs matters which includes coordinating bilateral relations, multilateral relations and exchange of information (except for taxpayer-specific information). It involves planning logistics for hosting bilateral events, managing international travel outside Kenya, and overseeing provision of diplomatic protocol and consular services for staff. The incumbent will also coordinate capacity building and technical assistance to other revenue agencies on tax and customs matters as well as document the lessons learnt. The manager will also coordinate and monitor KRA’s engagement in East African Community (EAC) Affairs, and ensure healthy bilateral relations between KRA and EAC partner states tax agencies.
Key Performance Areas
Bilateral & Multilateral Relations
- Manage bilateral relations in KRA in collaboration with the relevant Go partner agencies.
- Manage multilateral relations between KRA and tax related organizations
- Manage donor relations within KRA
- Facilitate development and execution of international cooperation instruments
- Manage hosting of international bilateral and multilateral events
- Update partner agencies on relevant KRA developments and initiatives.
East African Community (EAC) Affairs
- Coordinate KRA representation and engagements in EAC tax and customs affairs & draft reports on status of KRA engagements in the EAC;
- Coordinate implementation of EAC commitments (EARACGs; SCTIFI; EPAs etc)
- Compile Monitor EAC policy and legislative developments having an impact on revenue administration work and KRA as a whole
- Participate in consultative meetings to prepare KRA and country’s positions
- Coordinate and monitor KRA relations with the EAC revenue agencies
- Manage execution of conferences, dialogues, background briefings, events, where appropriate also with international partners on EAC matters
Diplomatic Protocol & Consular Services
- Ensure induction of visiting international dignitaries/visitors to KRA business
- Collaborate delivery of protocol services for all KRA international events
- Coordinate hosting of international events in Kenya in liaison with relevant business units
- Facilitate the provision of diplomatic protocol and consular services for staff
- Ensure effective management of the international travel desk & monitor staff compliance with Corporate Air Travel Policy framework
International Capacity Development
- Coordinate KRA’s provision of technical assistance and capacity development for foreign government agencies – through effective implementation of the International Capacity Development Programme (ICDP) – IVP & TA
- Monitor and evaluate quality of capacity development programmes delivered by KRA to facilitate organizational learning
- Develop and disseminate best practices in tax & customs advocacy for sharing with relevant partners, and ensure thought leadership in tax administration matters.
- Support implementation of the International Relations & Diplomacy Strategy and related policy frameworks
- Continuously articulate to staff and ensure their conformity to KRA, M & C and IRD vision, mission and core values.
- Any other request assigned from time to time to ensure adherence to KRA strategic direction.
Skills and Knowledge Job Demands
Minimum Academic Requirement
- A Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations or Communication
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in International Relations or Communications 2 years of which must be at management level
- Ability to create and deliver engaging, thoughtful and effective presentations.
- Experience in managing and building teams
- Strong numeracy skills with competence in budgeting and statistical analysis
- Strong work ethics, administration, organization and coordination skills
- Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to deliver on KRA’s strategy;
- Proven experience in managing multiple and competing tasks while maintaining quality of deliverables within deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)