Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Manager; Credit Portfolio Risk – (21000361)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Credit & Collections department within the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Credit & Collections, the individual is responsible for the strategic management of credit risk for all customers through the provision of portfolio-level insight, reporting and analytics; This is through the development, implementation and oversight of the credit risk appetite framework and limits, in alignment with our strategic and financial plans.
- Partner with commercial business units to provide data supported insights on new initiatives to expand current capabilities and/or improve existing risk management processes. He/she will work closely with business analytics, scoring and product management teams to grow the credit portfolio.
- Derive advanced quantitative analysis to make informed credit risk decisions
- Design and development of effective credit risk management models for the mobile lending product
- Definition of a collection strategy for each portfolio to optimize portfolio profitability
- Continuous research and testing to assure effectiveness of the credit risk models, policies and tools in use by the business
- Portfolio monitoring to identify trends and mitigation strategies to achieve target credit risk metrics
- Ensure business and product heads understand and manage their credit risk responsibilities
- Use analytical models to evaluating clients’ credit data and financial statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to them
- Analyzing client records and using the data to recommend payment plans
- Assess & report credit risk under multiple climate scenarios
- Generate periodical Business credit reports & market intelligence
- Responsible for management & timely collection of digital product debt portfolio
- Define an effective collection strategy for each digital product to optimize cash collection.
- Minimize NPL and ensure it is maintained at organization’s acceptable level.
- Deliver automation on credit control key processes to enhance efficiency
- Spearhead section initiatives towards achieving department key objectives
- Preparation and monitoring of section budget
- Manage the objective setting & PDR Review Processes
- Manage and grow talent within the section
- Preparation of Management reports and audit schedules
- Driving departmental digitization initiatives to sustain continuous improvement through simplification, automation and automation of processes.
- A Bachelor of Commerce honors Degree from a recognized University. A Post Graduate Degree, CPA (K), ACCA ACA will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification/Certification in Credit Management preferably Diploma in Credit Management.
- Must have 8 years’ experience in Credit and/or Risk Management in a busy environment of which 4 years should be in a Management level with proven track record.
- Proven experience in understanding on debt acquisition and management
- Proven experience in team leadership
- Demonstratable strong numeric and analytical skills
- Proven communication and presentation skills, including messaging skills, applied confidently and consistently in a high-pressure environment
- Organizational and project management experience and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Effective networking skills and the clear experience quickly building trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
Deadline is 14th July 2021