Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as MEAL Officer. The role holder will support in the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, and coordinate information management and reporting system. The job requires good knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning through project implementation cycle. Key area of accountability is developing of MEAL plans, In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Number of Vacancies: 2 Positions.
Locations: Wajir and Garissa
Nationality: Kenyans Only.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Statistics or Mathematics or other relevant area.
- Minimum three years practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in a large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body;
- Demonstrable track-record in data management, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of data analysis programmes e.g. SPSS and digital data collection approaches specifically use of ODK.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written) and understanding of local language will be added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good typing and data entry speed.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organisation and with government and development partners
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date 10 Jul 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.