Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Solutions Developer (BI). The role holder will Work with members of the global IT teams/he will be responsible for building, implementing and supporting Business Intelligence (BI) solutions within the organisation. This role holder will partner with business stakeholders in order to understand their analytic requirements, and implement and maintain BI solutions to meet these needs, utilising best practices. The role requires experience in adapting existing solutions as well as creating new solutions. The role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualification and Experience
- Computing degree – BSc, BA or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working with SQL Server databases, including creating & modifying T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, writing ad-hoc queries and dynamic SQL
- Proven understanding of Data Modelling and Analytics
- Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong problem solving skills.
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Experience maintaining source control in Git.
- Strong experience with various Software Development Life cycles (SDLC) methodologies: Agile or Standard waterfall initiatives.
- Proven experience working with various Project Management practices and disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to augment a close working relationship with cross functional teams.
- A history of designing and implementing reporting solutions that are both functional and engaging.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience of working with Microsoft’s BI technology stack SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (tabular model), Power BI, Power Query, Excel, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, HD Insight.
- Proficiency in T-SQL, SQL, DAX, MDX, Python/Scala/Spark SQL, XML, YAML, JSON
- CRM/ERP knowledge
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
- Experience working with JIRA
- Stream Analytics
- Event Hubs
- Cosmos DB
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Closing Date 19 Jul 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.