Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Board of Trustees of Kenya Power Pension Fund intends to recruit a qualified professional to the position of Clerk of works. The Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF) is a Retirement Benefits Scheme registered with Retirement Benefits Authority, responsible for providing pension benefits to permanent and pensionable employees of Kenya Power, KETRACO and Nuclear Power & Energy Agency upon their retirement or withdrawal and to their dependents in the event of death in service.
The Clerk of works will be responsible for providing inspection at one of the fund’s property development site.
1. The primary duty shall be to act as an inspector on behalf of the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant) under their direction, and the Contractor shall afford every reasonable facility for the performance of that duty.
2. To communicate in writing (monthly reports, fortnightly reports, weekly reports and memos) to the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant). All communication to the Project Consultants through the Lead Consultant shall be copied to the client,
3. To ensure the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant) in collaboration with the Architect/Engineer to communicate to the Contractor.
4. To ensure every other member of the Construction Team is expected to carry his duties with reasonable care and with diligence and dispatch.
5. In addition, as the Clerk of Works, make a vital contribution to the successful working of the Construction Team.
6. To be responsible to the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant).
7. To act as the inspector on site to ensure that the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant) is made aware i the Contractor deviates from carrying out the works in strict accordance with the contract specifications and drawings.
8. In certain circumstances to use such directions as empowered to do under the contract, but in accordance with the policies set down by the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant).
9. To record and report progress, conditions, events, deviations and information necessary for a proper evaluation of the Contractor’s performance, both currently and, if required, retrospectively.
10. From time to time, assist other members of the building team in accordance with the policies set down by the Project Consultants (through the Lead Consultant).
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Degree/Higher Diploma/Diploma in Building/Construction and/or Civil Engineering and/or construction management and related disciplines (architecture, design, building engineering, structural engineering, surveying or similar), from a recognized university/National Polytechnic.
• At least 5 years’ experience in employment in project oversight.
• Good understanding of the building industry, and extensive site-based experience of building from a supervisory perspective.
• Well versed in ICT both as a working and reporting tool e.g. Proficiency in Ms Office, AUTOCAD, ARCH CAD.
• Institute of Clerk of Works registered (Added advantage)
• Any safety related qualifications (Additional Advantage)
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
• Knowledge of building and construction.
• Thorough and keen attention to detail.
• Able to use your initiative patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
• Analytical thinking skills
• Able to analyze quality and performance.
• Self-driven and proven ability to work smart and to meet deadlines without supervision.
• Ability to supervise staff and knowledge of sourcing/procurement processes.
• High degree of personal integrity.
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of three (3) years.
How to Apply
Applicants can access the advertisement and application details on the Kenya power Pension Fund website https:/www.kppf.co.ke/careers/. Applications should be submitted through e mail to: email@example.com to be received not later than Friday 9th July, 2021. In addition, please attach your Curriculum Vitae containing details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to the roles. Also attach copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials and clearly indicate your current and expected gross pay. Also include your telephone numbers, email address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.