Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD non-alcoholic ready to drink market in Africa. CCBA has an extensive footprint in Africa, employing approximately 16 000 employees in Africa, and approximately 7 000 employees in South Africa.
Key Purpose Statement
The primary role of the Packaging Engineer is to ensure the engineering integrity of the packaging plant. This includes responsibility for asset care, cost and performance control, overall reliability and up-time of the packaging lines and the provision of effective engineering support to the shift based production teams, as well as the management of any outsourced maintenance services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Drive the deployment of the CCBSA Asset Management Strategy in the Plant
• Provide technical leadership and support to plant Packaging Engineering teams in terms of asset management strategy, framework and technology to enable the implementation of business strategies to leverage equipment, productivity, reliability and maintainability, thereby enabling high plant availability and utilisation at lowest cost.
• Support the disciplined execution of standard work practices at plant level.
• Ensure compliance to the Asset Care Philosophy and related Strategies.
2. Asset Care
• Partake in the development of the asset care plan for the packaging plant, contributing suggestions and providing expert advice.
• Implement the asset care plan for the Packaging plant, ensuring the Packaging Engineering team have the required competencies to execute the plan.
• Ensure that asset care competencies are developed in the Packaging Engineering team. Where training needs have been identified, ensure these are addressed.
• Ensure that asset care goals are incorporated into Packaging Engineering team and individual goals.
3. Plant Reliability
• Responsible for the overall reliability and uptime of Packaging plant.
• Lead the Packaging Engineering team in the provision of asset care and engineering support to the shift based production teams.
• Support packaging performance improvement by conducting and leading performance optimisation initiatives.
• Ensure that predictive maintenance techniques are implemented correctly.
• Verify that the Packaging Engineering team are carrying out routine and planned maintenance, and validates quality of work.
• Ensure compliance to maintenance planning and execution of maintenance outage.
• Review the maintenance day execution scorecards of all the lines as compiled by each Planner and address abnormalities as appropriate.
• Ensure that Maintenance packages are updated and effective and that all Engineering changes are executed.
• Verify that the maintenance systems are working properly and that data integrity and information accuracy is maintained.
• Review plant reliability to ensure equipment is operating optimally and to identify problems or opportunities timeously.
• Takes part in maintenance problem solving, and ensure that the Packaging Engineering team is applying the correct problem solving techniques.
4. Plant Optimisation
• Take part in and or manage central office plant optimisation trials or projects, providing advice, assistance and guidance where required.
• Evaluate impact of new plant and equipment, and sign off all plant modifications and changes.
• Analyse plant performance data to identify opportunities for improvement to plant performance, and initiates opportunity evaluation.
• Have a working understanding of plant operation and associated Work Instructions and or procedures.
• Analyse plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to identify and correct root causes.
• Take part in evaluating continuous improvement opportunities identified by the production teams or engineering support.
• Ensure that continuous improvement is built into Packaging Engineering team goals, and forms part of regular goal review sessions.
5. Team Leadership and Management
• Lead the Packaging Engineering team in a manner that engenders ownership, empowerment and team interaction.
• Lead the development of Packaging Engineering team goals and ensure these are communicated and understood by team members.
• Entrench a high performance culture by conducting regular Packaging Engineering team goal review sessions, one-on-one’s and performance reviews.
• Ensure training need analysis are conducted and training plans developed for team members.
• Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure multi-skilling occurs within the Packaging and broader engineering team, this includes evaluation of workmanship of teams.
• Manage Contracted-out maintenance services by ensuring that the service supplied is in strict accordance with supply scheme contract and that of service and product reliability, quality, cost and the service providers own employee behaviour is acceptable while on site.
6. Safety and Housekeeping
• Ensure that the Packaging Engineering team apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
• Ensure implementation of the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies such as OSH act on safety and housekeeping.
• Ensure all statutory and mandatory checks are part of the asset care management system, are performed and all documentation completed and recorded.
• Ensure that health, safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and audits, with appropriate monthly, quarterly meetings.
• Where unsafe work practices have been identified, the Packaging engineer is responsible for correcting this.
• BSc. in Mechanical, Electrical or Production Engineering
• Minimum 3 years engineering experience in FMCG with a bias in maintenance of production equipment
• Minimum 1 year in a Management role
• Minimum 5 years hands on practical maintenance experience