Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger-free in close partnership with local partners.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates only. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Policy Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support coordination of emergency preparedness and relief activities in the WFP operations context in Somalia.
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of relief programmes in accordance with WFP policy and guidelines.
- Contribute to developing plans for anticipatory action based on pre-determined triggers and in coordination with humanitarian partners.
- Manage, prioritize, and plan for resources to ensure activities are implemented according to set plans in coordination with other functional areas.
- Review and present project proposals for relief activities to the Country Project Committee and follow up on matters raised by the committee.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status) and highlight trends ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards.
- Liaise with internal partners to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Participate in the development of Humanitarian Response Plan- Food security component as well as related reporting.
- Coordinate and connect with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners, and national government in the areas of emergency preparedness and humanitarian response.
- Act as point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the technical area of responsibility.
- Participate in support and supervision missions to project sites to monitor progress and assist Area Offices in resolving challenges.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in agriculture, urban and rural development, or other fields relevant to international development assistance.
Five years progressively responsible experience in programme including at least 2 years handling food security projects in arid and semi-arid areas.
Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding of food security and related interventions.
- Experience working in fragile contexts and emergency settings.
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid analytical skills and capacity to synthesize complex information
- Ability to plan and coordinate.
- Ability to work and deliver quality inputs under pressure.
Closing Date: 20 July 2021
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
For this vacancy, priority consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.