Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overview: Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non-profit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Purpose of Position: The Procurement Assistant will provide procurement support to the LMS project.
The procurement assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the procurement systems and procedures.
S/he will work closely with the procurement team to ensure timely procurement and payments.
The position will be based in Nairobi reporting to Procurement Director
- Support in receiving and review of all Purchase Requests from all ACDI VOCA Kenya associate awards.
- Support in solicitation of goods, services, and donor approved agribusiness equipment as per approved purchase requests.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with ACDI VOCA procurement manual and USAID rules and regulations ensuring that they are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Draft procurement contract packages for review before execution.
- Follow up on procured goods and services to ensure they are delivered in good condition, dispatched to the recipients in a timely manner, and delivery documents saved appropriately on share point.
- Responsible for due diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for authorized and contracted Suppliers.
- Process vendors and service providers payments on a timely basis
- Ensure weekly update of procurement trackers in place.
- University degree in supply chain management or a related field
- At least two (2) years of experience in Procurement with USAID funded project
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands on-experience with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
Abilities / Skills:
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to Multitask, manage competing priorities and prioritize.
Period of Performance: 6 months (July 2021 – December 2021)
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to HRKenya@acdivoca.org no later than July 13, 2021.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.