Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FINANCE AND ADMIN MANAGER-FAM/07/2021
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting; financial management and reporting; contract/sub-award procurement and management; human resources management, asset management, logistics, and prime award compliance with terms and conditions of the award. The incumbent implements program capacity development in the organization to carry out these functions.
Management & Administrative Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to staff in finance, accounting and administrative functions of the organization.
- Provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy, and provide guidance and analysis to the board and management to improve results.
- Supervise the maintenance of the accounting system and records on all transactions and assets
- Administer the payroll to ensure its in compliance with the government regulations in all taxable deductions and that its timely and accurately prepared
- Ensure the procurement process is in compliance with grants guidelines, corporate agreement and organization policy
- Oversee safe custody and maintenance of departmental records in line with legal frameworks and donor requirements
- Represent the organization in program and partner’s meetings
- Oversee all program logistics needs, staff recruitment and performance reviews, compliance and agreement guidelines
Budgeting & Accounting Responsibilities:
- Lead the team in preparing, reviewing and analyzing accurate monthly financial and management reports, income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance and forecast, on monthly basis
- Maintain control of the general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Ensure that all organizational financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing as guided by the financial policy of the organization.
- Manage and oversee processing of transactions related to payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and other allocations.
- Oversee month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and updating schedules.
- Coordinate the finance and accounting team in maintaining an orderly accounting filing system.
- Ensure timely, accurate, and complete financial statements for all projects and the consolidated organization are shared with donor partners, management and the board.
- Lead the team in preparing annual reports, budgets in line with the work plan and support program teams in understanding the approved budget for smooth implementation
- Develop quarterly and annual cash flow reports based on the forecasts to aid in ensuring smooth flow of funds for timely implementation
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual variance reports to aid in identifying significant areas for management action
- Develop tools to aid in cost management for the project for effective use of donor resources
- Lead the department in coordinating the preparation of the draft audited financial statements and all tax returns.
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
- Capacity build and mentor finance team on all compliance issues relating to policies and donor’s agreements in the grant implementation
- Review all financial reports and ensure expenses charged to grants for accuracy and completeness.
- Pro-active in ensuring all communication from donor partners are timely responded to and any required actions are expedited within the agreement framework
- Ensure grant projects close out procedures are done according to the donor guidelines.
- Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit and findings and recommendations acted upon in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure the grant operate within internal control systems to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings
- Recommend to management on areas for improvements in the policies to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Undertake timely annual tax return for the organization to the relevant bodies
- Chief custody and referee to the organization finance manual in usage, interpretation and implementation
- Review and advise on grants contracts and lead teams in negotiating for grants and authentication/ approvals for implementation
- Lead management in the process of selecting sub-awardees by conducting due diligence, contracting and ensure implementation is in compliance to the grants
- Undertake the capacity building and mentorship of sub-awardees on donor partners contractual obligations as well as the organizations policies
- Undertake periodic monitoring and verification of the sub-grantees financial reports and performance and adherence to donor regulations
- Safe custody of all records and files for each sub-grantee
- Custodian of all records on assets in line with the organization policy.
- Maintaining an organization register with full details of the assets in terms of date of purchase, suppliers, value, asset code, location and the status
- Undertaking a periodical verification of the assets to determine the status and presence.
- Advising management on obsolete assets for disposal, loss of assets, movement and any other necessary recommendations.
- Sharing annual reports on assets with management.
- Preparing asset schedule for audit and advising on depreciation in line with the organization policy.
- A Masters in Financial Management, Qualified Accountant (ACCA,CPKA or equivalent); professional accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association Of Chartered Certified Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supervising overall operations of donor funded activities.
- A minimum of 7 years experience overseeing grantee compliance with donor –funded requirements for significant donor funded activities.
- Experience performing Finance and Administration responsibilities, Grants management, budget development for proposals and coordination of internal and external audits.
- Sound understanding of working with NGOs and donor guidelines.
- Experience with USAID’s financial, procurement and administrative management is required
- Well acquainted with Financial reporting tools, systems and programs with proven financial analysis and forecasting ability.
- Proficiency in Computer applications, Financial systems, good communication skills and willing to work under pressure in challenging environments
- Good leadership and management skills, good prioritization and time management skills
- Good communication and reporting skills both verbal and written
- Extensive understanding of donor funded systems, guidelines and programs
EXPECTATIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- To professionally and diligently carry out specified tasks as agreed and periodically reviewed by the supervisor
- Maintain effective and efficient finance systems that supports accountability, minimize risks and aligned to donor requirements
- To participate in team work to achieve the organization’s goals and mission
- Demonstrate integrity, adhering to AMURT’s organizational policies
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities in a professional atmosphere
- Prepare to adapt to changing environment to support the team in a professional atmosphere
- Provide advice to the Executive Director and Chief of Party on concerns or issues related to the organization’s performance and growth. and how the organization can support your role
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV, certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th July 2021. indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number FAM/O7/2021 as the email subject. Interview will be done on a rolling basis and Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”