Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18798
Job Title: Construction Volunteer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The Construction Volunteer will be responsible for enhancing the timely and effective delivery of significant maintenance projects and regular maintenance requests at all times upholding high technical and professional standards.
- Scoping out Maintenance and new projects needs as they arise.
- Supporting the development and implementation of maintenance and projects standards and related communication.
- Defining need for maintenance contracts for technical facilities and equipment and reviewing, negotiating, and recommending maintenance contracts to clients for technical facilities and equipment.
- Managing contracts for maintenance and new projects.
- Project managing all maintenance, renovation or enhancement works – technical specifications (including drawings), Bills of Quantities, Tendering, Contracts Review, Supervision of works, Assessment/Measurement of progress and recommendations on related payments and communications to all stakeholders.
- Providing regular updates on ongoing projects and maintenance tasks.
- Ensuring client feedback is received and following up on action required.
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the Projects and Facilities function, including drafting correspondence, working with external partners, and maintaining records.
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time.
- Supervision of technical incentive staff reporting to the different facilities.
- Diploma in building and construction or similar
- Competency in the use of design software such as AutoCAD
- Competency in the use of the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft
- PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
- At least 2 years practical experience working on construction projects
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Good organization and administrative skills
- A strong team player
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- High integrity
- Articulate and self-confident
- Professional and highly self-motivated
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Adaptable and able to work in an environment of fluctuating workloads.
- Must display a high degree of emotional maturity.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.