Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18805
Job Title: M&E Volunteer
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Volunteer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi – Pangani, Kenya
The M&E Volunteer is responsible for specific aspects of data collection and analysis at the Livelihood Resource Centre (LRC). He/she will also support in intake and assessment of clients using mobile tablets and help in the monitoring of clients’ progress, conducting clients’ assessments and follow-up surveys.
- Meet with potential clients at the LRC, assess their needs and prepare a drop-in database with clients’ information, program interests, identification details and contact information
- With support from other Re:Build staff members, register the clients through CommCare application using mobile tablets.
- Support Re:Build M&E team with update and review of CommCare application with project indicators and in the cleaning of data to ensure up to date information.
- Assist M&E team and Re:Build staffs in verifying the accuracy of data collected at all stages of the program implementation, ensure all data entered in to the CommCare application is accurate and of good quality.
- Work with M&E team in developing and updating the database and project indicators dashboards.
- Support M&E team on data collection during baseline surveys, endline surveys, follow-up surveys, business monitoring and VSLA monitoring exercises.
- Coordinate closely with program staff and management on targeting, data collection, data systems and information management.
- Participate actively in the enforcement of quality assurance, quality control and quality improvement measures for all program intervention.
- With support from Client responsive senior officer, support in organizing and attending client feedback forum and documentation.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Key Result Areas:
- All Re:Build clients are Registered in the CommCare App and updated.
- End line and follow up surveys are done to clients.
- With support of M&E team, ensure data and graphic reports are generated from program evaluation.
- Diploma in Information Systems, Database Management, Computer Science or Economics or related discipline.
- At least1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management and data analysis.
- Experience managing data collection and analysis, with experience with or concrete knowledge of open-source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox or CommCare platforms.
- Experience in mobile data collection, entry & data cleaning with large database would be an added advantage.
- Humanitarian organization experience preferred, or experience interacting with refugees or vulnerable youths.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.